Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Days ~ Monthly Recap

It's been a year since I started this journey (again). I didn't do a "month recap" in May last year, as I had just started tracking calories about midway through the month, but with THIS recap, I now have twelve monthly reviews here on the blog. I have all my "intake and burn" graphs located together on a page too, so I can look back at the past year at a glance. I'm pretty consistent with my intake and burn, but I can see that in the last several months my average burn has gone down slightly and my average intake has gone up just a bit ... so it shouldn't really be a surprise that weight has gone up just a bit too. Just slight ups and downs for the past several months. Still staying out of the "overweight" category (just barely) and feeling pretty good about myself most of the time.  

This May ... my starting weight was 152.3, that was also my ending weight! Exactly the same! Fluctuations during the month, I hit a high of 155.4  and didn't drop below 150 once (low was 150.9). I remember back in March I was able to log an entire week under 150 ... that is the goal!

I have yet to log an entire month where I keep my intake under my burn every single day. It seems like there is always one day where I'm not very active and I eat a lot. Looks like I popped over four times this past month ... but I finished May strong, even as it ended on a weekend!

Here's my activity calendar ... I stayed busy!

Mondays are always my best day ... there was even a Monday holiday this month (Memorial Day) and I still had a great day! I'm motivated on Mondays! About half-way through May, I started adding Zumba and Mondays and Fridays and Saturdays! Yes, I'm a Zumba addict. Still always getting my elliptical in almost every day. Some jogging/walking and bike. While I tend to prefer cardio, I always make sure I get in a good full-body weights session once or twice a week.You can check out details in my May Day to Day ...

It will be interesting to see how things change next month. The boys get out of school June 6 ... what will the summer schedule be? On one hand, I won't have daily carpools, packing lunches, volunteering and homework help... which should free up some time. On the other hand, I tend to sleep in a little more when I don't have to get the kids up and off to school. There will be some summer activities, running the kids here and there. It will be interesting to see how the shift affects MY exercise, activity and eating.

That was MY May ... how was yours?

2 comments:

  1. My May started out strong...then with throwing my back out and vacation....well I think I ended up roughly the same (I am not weighing until vacation is officially over!!!)

    I love stats....and graphs!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock with all your exercise :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...