- I wear a pedometer and record my steps every single day.
- I always watch DVDs/Streaming with the subtitles on.
- I’ve been para-sailing, swimming with dolphins, snorkeling and gone for a ride in a hot air balloon.
- I am a total homebody.
- I was the lead in my high school musical.
- I prefer Word Perfect to Microsoft Word.
- I have a scar on my chin from falling on the edge of our family fireplace when I was two years old. It isn’t very noticeable, but when it was showcased how Harrison Ford’s character got a scar on his chin (the 3rd Indiana Jones film) everyone suddenly noticed mine too.
- I graduated Summa Cum Laude from BYU.
- I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was out of high school.
- I like to use ellipses ...
- I’m afraid of dogs.
- I ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich every single day for lunch until Jr. High ... and I’ve never had once since. Same story with Cheetos (well, I didn’t have them every day, but I loved them. Then I bought a big bag with my own money, ate half, and have never had another).
- I’ve got an entire room full of unused scrapbooking supplies.
- I think the test for gestational diabetes (having to drink that horrid drink) is the worst part of a pregnancy.
- I was never able to potty train one child before the next one came along ... I went for 15+ years changing diapers with NO break.
- I subscribe to ALL the fitness magazines (Shape, Self, Women’s Health, Fitness, Health, Prevention). Used to be the scrapbooking magazines ...
- I am nervous behind the wheel of a car ... I hate driving on freeways or places I haven’t been to before. My parents had to FORCE me to get my driver’s license.
- I had a cancer scare when I was a junior in high school. For about 36 hours, I thought I was going to die. (Misdiagnosis of a lumpy lymph-node ... turned out to be nothing).
- I love to eat kids cereal for breakfast ... or dinner ... (mmmm .... Cocoa Puffs, Apple Jacks, Capn. Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Cookie Crisp).
- I’ll never say never again.
Friday, June 27, 2014
WWI#50 and Random Facts About Me
It's Friday. Time to weigh-in. Looky there, I'm exactly the same weight as I was last week! I did NOT have a good weekend (I bought donuts on Saturday ... why do I do that? Then I eat donuts!). Saturday was very high on the intake. I did pretty good the rest of the week and managed a weekly deficit of 2534. Still, my average intake was 2429. That's high, even with my activity, which averaged out to a 3098 daily burn. I do really enjoy my activity. Zumba every day. Elliptical every day. Some strength training to keep/gain muscle. A jog here and there (ok, THAT is only "exercise" ... I don't enjoy jogging). Getting some reading in while on the stationary bike. It's not that I'm trying to out cardio my calories, I really NEED to stay active and moving and ... ok, I am trying to out cardio my calories. If you want more details on the day to day ... (Day to Day Doings) *Ü*
and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.
Onto the Friday Five ...
The DC Bloggers (Courtney, Mar and Cynthia) had a fun topic this week: Five Facts about You. I remember some years ago, there was a "25 Random Facts" thing going around Facebook. I filled it out then, and looked up mine. Most were still applicable. I had one ... "I don't know if I can live without Caller ID, Tivo and Blockbuster Online" which isn't really true anymore. I HAVE given up Tivo (PlayOn/PlayLater has taken over) and Blockbuster went out of business, so I really didn't have a choice there. I DO still need CallerId!). Anyway, I trimmed my list by five ... still leaving 20. I didn't know which five to focus on *Ü*