Friday, June 6, 2014

WWI #47 and Five End of School Instagrams

My last "school schedule" week ... pretty steady and boring. It was actually a really good week though. I kept up the activity even over the weekend. I went to Zumba every day except Sunday, and I got in an hour on the treadmill that day. I did weights on Monday and got in some additional treadmill and bike, as well as elliptical every day. I did a decent job keeping calories controlled. When I crunched the numbers, I had a deficit of 3937 for the week. Where is my one pound loss? I want to get (and STAY) under 150!  As always, additional details are in my Day to Day Doings.

Yesterday (Thursday) was graduation day for my oldest son. I still managed to squeeze in Zumba and a couple elliptical sessions, but there was a LOT of just sitting. My activity level was low compared to a usual Thursday. We also went out to eat at Tepankayi afterward. Even though the meal isn't that bad according to my calorie guesstimate (steak, salmon, rice) and it wasn't super late (we ate around 6:00) I did anticipate it showing on the scale for weigh-in this morning.

NUMBERS: Up just a titch from last week (.3) but my average was down just a bit (-.55). My high was today, for weigh-in at 153.5. The low was Sunday morning at 151.5. Last week it was a much bigger range. I stayed within 2 pounds for every weigh-in this week. No big fluctuations. Average intake was 2121, average burn was 2991. As I mentioned above, I did log a weekly deficit of 3937. I haven't hit that high in a while. So happy about that, even if I didn't see it reflected on the scale.

I'm linking up with  Fitness Friday with Jill and Aubrey  
and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.  

Now onto the FUN stuff ...  
Five for Friday!

Linking up with the DC Bloggers (Courtney, Mar and Cynthia) and then also jumping onto the other Friday Five linkups out there. Five on Friday at The Good Life, Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In.



As today is officially the last day of school, I thought a sneak peek at the last week would be a good Friday Five. Here are five Instagram images I've shared this past week. I have two instagram accounts, one for JensJourney, which focuses on fitness&food, and then I have a family one.  I did share the grad one on my fitness instagram (if you follow me there or glance at the slideshow in the sidebar) but the others were only on the family one. Just a peek into my day to day school style ...


 #1 in cap and gown.

#2 had to dress up for Shakespeare day.
Can't you see how excited he was?

#3 was having a class party and was told to bring a treat.
We spent Monday afternoon making gingersnaps.
Yes, I ate me some gingersnaps.

#4 had his 4th grade program.
Received the "Citizenship" award (only two kids per class get it).

#5 got a medal for math and
received the "Tiger'sPride" award (again, only two given per class).


Very proud of these kids! I'm one lucky momma. So with summer ... I'll no longer be driving kids to school. This will seriously save me about 1.5 hours every day (as I drop off and pick up both middle school and elementary every day ... still MUCH better than just a few years ago when I had to drive #1 to high school, and had the extra mid-day kindergarten pick-up too!). But then ... I might sleep in some, if I don't have to get the kids up and off. There will be some basketball and scout camps, playdates and activities ... that's summer! I still plan on getting my Zumba and other workouts in though! Bring on summer!

*** OK - you caught me! IF you happened to read my post yesterday, I had originally included these instagram shots on there. But I figured there were five of them, and I didn't have anything else prepped for Friday Five this week ... 




4 comments:

  1. busy past few days for you! happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey gal! i am contacting people that linked up in the last 5 on friday linkup...that has since been put on hold for the summer. well...if you were interested, a friend of mine and i are starting it back up! the first one will be live this friday morning! prepare your post! :) it's going to be called "oh hey, friday!" it'll be the exact same rules. write about five anythings. hope to see you there! karli from http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...