Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TV Tuesday - What I'm Watching

Last month, on my TV Tuesday post (April TV Tuesday) I talked about Orphan Black and The 100. I did wrap up both seasons. I liked them both, but was ready to move on to something else. I caught a few my shows currently on prime time ...

I'm super sad over Grey's Anatomy :(  I'd heard about Derek's demise before I watched that episode of Grey's Anatomy. It's hard to avoid spoilers in this social day and age. I haven't watched the show since then. No ... I'm not boycotting. I just figured I'd let it, Scandal, Nashville and The Good Wife finish up their seasons, then I'd catch up on all the recent episodes.

So what WAS I watching recently?
This was one of those shows I just happened upon while scrolling through available titles on Netflix. I like sci-fi, I like apocalyptic stuff, the pilot did grab me, I liked the cast. It was a pretty good show. It had some interesting music moments! Very incongruous music to the scenes, which was the point, but it was pretty effective. There were some gross/gaggy moments too. Yuck! A virus, not zombies, but the end result did have quite a few similarities. The season finale was VERY open ended, not much wrapped up, still a ton of questions unanswered. That is what season 2 will be for I guess. I'll probably watch it (this is a new series, so season 2 isn't out yet). 

As I finished that up, I decided to try another Netflix ... 

a Netflix original.

So that's what I'm watching now. I'm a few episodes in, and I like it so far. It does remind me a bit of "Arrow" with the whole "I'm trying to save my city" spiel and comic book/superhero feel, and I did tire of Arrow shortly into it's second season.  But we'll see ... just 13 episodes, so I'll finish the season for sure. I like to finish what I start. The episodes are slightly longer than most prime time stuff (around 50 minutes) which messes with my workout routine just a bit. I'd been getting in one episode on the elliptical, 40 minutes for a while. Sometimes an extra 20 to round up to an hour. The 50 minutes just throws me off slightly, as I'm used to 20 minute increments for my shows (and on that note, Helix, above, was often slightly under 40 min, leaving me needing to play some music to finish up).

Outside of exercise ... Hubs and I have been watching American Crime. We only have the final episode left. Not really any likeable characters on that show. Not sure who to sympathize with. We've been keeping up with Game of Thrones (happy to actually use our HBO Go service that our cable company threw in). Next up ... Band of Brothers. It's sometimes really hard to watch a program in bed, before going to sleep. It doesn't keep me awake, I end up falling asleep during it! That doesn't tend to happen on the elliptical ;)

On the movie front, Hubs took the boys to see the new Avengers movie. I elected to stay home in the quiet house. I'll catch it on DVD (on the elliptical or treadmill of course).

Hubs and I did just watch a DVD that I really enjoyed.

About Time.

I had seen the previews, and it peaked my interest while in theaters, but we never made it out. It was a little hard to find on DVD. Redbox didn't carry it, you could buy it, but not rent it from Amazon. Luckily, my local library had it. I give it two thumbs up!



Have you seen Helix, Daredevil or About Time?


2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to catch up on so many shows that I have ignored in recent months!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom keeps getting interested in new shows and telling me to watch, but I just don't have the time! I love that in today's day and age you can catch up at some point (via DVR, DVD or Streaming). You just have to avoid spoilers ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...