Monday, January 12, 2015

Mondays and Marshmallows (Weekend Recap)

We've been having some nice weather (relatively speaking for January!) but today it's dark and dreary  and rainy. It started going downhill over the weekend. I came home from one of my outings to small white things all over the front lawn. I wondered if we'd been hit by a hailstorm. It wasn't hail. It was mini marshmallows. The marshmallows in this last bag I bought were covered by a chalky substance. I guess the boys thought it would be fun to throw them at each other (they left white marks all over as you can see in the picture above). That was just ONE of the goings on this past weekend. Other items were ...

  • Gadget Upgrades: My son upgraded my phone to IOS8 withOUT my permission. I had purposely NOT upgraded as I don't like change and had heard about some bugs. Oh well. I can't tell too much difference yet. I also went out and bought a new Fitbit. My old one died on Friday afternoon. Customer service may replace it, but I couldn't wait, I needed a new one NOW. I also got batteries for my Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and installed them (it wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be) so I really hope it will work better from now on!
  • Return to Racquetball: The Hubs and I used to play racquetball together quite, but it's been years. Hubs felt he was in shape enough to try it (without risking a heart attack) so we went over the weekend and it was so fun! Good burn without even feeling like a workout! I hope we can do it weekly.
  • Broken Nose?: Poor #3 got hit hard in his game on Saturday. His nose was bleeding bad and looked just a little crooked. We wondered if it might be broken. He stayed to support the team but didn't play for the rest of the game (and without him they lost by one). I took him to the Instacare to have it checked out. They didn't rule out a broken nose, but couldn't say if it needed further treatment or just rest and ice. We were told to keep an eye on it and follow up with an ENT if we felt it still looked or felt funny after a few days.
Spending a couple hours at the Instacare wasn't in the plan for the weekend, but I guess it could have been worse. We had a family dinner out at "Italian Village" which is famous for their "pizza benders". I don't do pizza, so I had fettuccine alfredo, which wasn't that great and not worth the calories. Some weekend splurges were Hubs yummy chocolate malt, and my yummy lemon jello cake.

So yes ... weight is up a little after the weekend, as it is wont to do. This coming week is a busy one! I'll be glad to get it over with. A lot going on with the boys basketball. I'm on duty to make lunches for their away game on Tuesday. There is a big dinner on Friday which each player had to sell tickets to, provide two $50 giftbaskets, and then we parents get to work the dinner. I'll be glad when it's over!

 Basketball practices and/or games every night of the week.  My oldest, in prep for his mission, is also going through the temple this week. So that's another thing complicating the week a bit. I hope I can still get in all my exercise and not fall into any emotional/stress eating!

Wish me luck! 
How was your weekend?
Linking up with MIMM.


1 comment:

  1. Hey JenB I had a great weekend! Climbed a mountain AWESOME !!
    adifferentd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...