Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's Wednesday ...

I like alliteration. If you look back on my blog posts, watch the wording of my terrific titles, you will probably see that. So many of the link-ups out there also adopt alliteration, Wednesday being one. There is Workout Wednesday, Weigh-In Wednesday, and What I Ate Wednesday, just to name a few. I wasn't sure which one to work on this Wednesday, so I figured I'd hit all three *Ü* Wonderful!


The scale said 154.9 this morning. Not wonderful.

I weigh-in every day, but my official day is Friday. I do usually join the Weigh-In Wednesday link-up late, only linking up on an actual Wednesday if I'm discussing something else weight related. I thought I would share my updated weight graph today. 2014 has come to a close, so I thought it would be good to post it in comparison to my previous years (last year's line is in gray). It was a pretty steady year, right there in my "comfort zone happy place" of 150-155 pounds for most of it. I did have a little dip Octoberish, but the packed on some holiday pounds to end the year. It's always interesting to take a really broad view of my weight, looking at it over years, not just the weekly check in.

 We had pancakes for breakfast ...

It's the eating! I actually enjoy exercise, but I have NOT mastered my eating. Thus the constant struggle. I to track on MFP at least, and try to control my calories. Because I don't have much good or inspirational eating advice, I don't participate in the What I Ate Wednesday link-up very often. But I have really been thinking about what I've been eating lately, as it's been SO hard keeping calories in check. I think one of the reasons is our big breakfasts. Normally, I'm not much of a breakfast gal. Yes, I know ... "most important meal of the day" and all, but I'm usually just not that hungry. If I eat, those are 200-500 calories that I wouldn't have consumed otherwise. Over the holiday break, I made quite a few breakfasts for the boys. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, muffins, cocoa and toast, cinnamon rolls (yes, we like the breads) ... sometimes scrambled eggs, bacon and hashbrowns too. Even with the boys going back to school, they are still expecting me to make them breakfast (go figure!) Before, it seems like they would just grab a banana or some cereal, things I didn't have to take time to make and then be tempted to eat myself. I'd think I'd do better off going back to eating my "breakfast" around noon ... 

Lastly, there is Workout Wednesday ( #wowlinkup)
 I do participate in the Workout Wednesday link up quite often. Working out ... that is something I seem to have endless ideas to talk about, things worth sharing. I like the exercise and activity part of this attempted healthy lifestyle! One of my main workouts is Zumba. I go Mon-Fri, to five different classes. While I love all my instructors, their different styles and steps, I don't know that I could go to the same class everyday without getting a little burned out. So I switch it up! Today, my Wednesday class was having a theme. "Black and White" ... ok, that is pretty much my usual attire (Lacking in Color Confidence).  These theme days can be fun though! It's their Wacky Wednesday ... look, more alliteration!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!








7 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool to look at your weight over the years with that graphic... love that! Thanks so much for linking up for WIW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I love alliteration as well. Love your graph. That is a lot of data! Good to look at things like that every once in a while to get yourself in check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about alliteration too. I used to do that all the time with my blog post titles. Whats your username on mfp? I'll friend you or you can friend me. I'm esthernorine. estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scrapjen (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/scrapjen) ... I log daily (my streak is 608 days) but I'm a little hit and miss on participating (commenting and such). I was super social when I first started there, but it's hard to keep up with everything!

      Delete
  4. I joined my own DietBet when I weighed myself also. We were the same weight LOL. I found that I have to weigh myself every morning to keep myself in check. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daily weighing can be motivating ... but sometimes it can be discouraging too. I do try not to focus on any one day, but look at the big picture. I have never tried a diet bet, that's the one "reward" challenge I have not done ... but I don't dare!

      Delete
  5. Jen you are so little I am not sure where you are hiding this weight you keep talking about. And we appreciate YOU sticking with us to hang out on Workout Wednesday. I so enjoy your posts and because of you and your posts I figured out how to work this fitbit!!!! Zumba ON!!! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...