Monday, March 10, 2014

Progress Pictures

I've seen a lot of transformation photos ... I mentioned I watched The Biggest Loser for the first time this past season (My Thoughts On The Biggest Loser) and the makeover week there was pretty amazing (as was the change during the season as a whole). Of course that is an extreme ...

The theme for this week's Motivation Monday is "Progression Pictures".  I have taken a couple of the infamous "before" shots which will stay secluded on my computer for my eyes only. I have done an update or two, but unfortunately, I haven't really been able to tell too much difference. After my initial 15 pound loss, it's been slooooow going... and unfortunately I didn't take my "before" pictures until after I'd lost that. 

As I was considering what I was going to write for my post today, I started by trying to find some "before" photos of me. It was HARD. As I'd put on weight over the years, I did a really good job of staying behind the camera. I was rarely in pictures. I'd often delete pictures I didn't like (which were the majority of them) and when I had to pose for a family photo, I'd try to position myself in the back, so as little of me was showing as possible.  I went through our family photos from 2004/2005 and could only find myself in a few (I'm really surprised I hadn't deleted the bottom two!). 

2005

What a difference a year can make!
2006

It's been a struggle to keep the weight off ... in my Family Photos post, you can see some of the ups and downs over the past several years. I did a Comparison Pictures post of two family photos from this past year and there were some pre/post weight loss pictures in my Vacation post as well.

Ever after losing weight again, I still have problems with pictures ... as I mentioned in my Picture Imperfect post. Hiding from the camera. It's a hard habit to break. But it is important to be included in your family photos. I remember another blog post I read that emphasized that (So You Think You're Too Fat To Be Photographed).

I'm still working on it all ... still trying to lose a few more pounds. Trying to improve my picture taking technique, and just trying to be more comfortable in front of the camera. It's all progress ...

The Motivation Monday team
Tiffany/Morgan/Wendy/Alisha/Betty
JenB/Brandi/Jen/Gwen /Theresa







6 comments:

  1. I too hide from the camera. There are very few pictures of me anywhere. BTW: your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Jen! Personally I think keeping it off is the hardest part! So is letting yourself be in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can def tell! You look great and I can only imagine how hectic your schedule can be with your family. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hide behind the camera all the time. Now after reading this from you, I want to take as much photo as possible during my weight loss journey so I have something to "show off" when I have reach my weight loss goal. Hehe. What a beautiful family you have :) Glad you shared this.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to this! What an amazing transformation, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...