Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wii Fit Fail

I posted about the Wii once before (The Wii & Me). It's not something I get to a lot, but I've been trying to hit it once a week. Engage the core. Work on my balance and all that. So the other day I start a little Wii Workout. I do the Table Tilt. I WiiSki down the hill. I head the soccer ball while avoiding soccer shoes and flying panda heads (yes ... there are flying panda heads). 

Suddenly, an error message pops up. Wii have a problem! Wii memory fail. Unable to save. Starting Over. And when it said starting over, it meant starting O.V.E.R. 

My Mii still existed (good thing, as I'm pretty sure I had the boys help me set that up) but I was starting WiiFit from scratch. I had to register. Input my stats. Do a balance test and Wii Fit age ... I scored a 27. That's great, as I'm 43 *Ü*  But all my progress from the past year or two ... my little piggy bank. Empty. All my high scores. Gone. The record of my weigh-ins (luckily, not my only record). Erased. My personalized routine. Unrecognized.

I've had to start over before. More than once. Luckily, I'm not super invested in my records there (but do NOT mess with my excel file! Google Drive better never have such a "memory problem"). The kids will occasionally come play some WiiFit and challenge some of my high scores, but I was pretty much only competing with myself since this one was set up..

As I got  back going ... I tried the soccer heading again. Perfect score on my first try (I have hit that multiple times, but it isn't something I can do for sure each time). Any score would have been the "top" score (with the reset) but even with no challenge, I hit the high. I've got a lot of Wii work to do to get everything filled back in, but I'll get there. Hopefully there won't be anymore memory problems!

Watch out for flying panda heads!

A quick linkup with Weigh-In Wednesday too ... when I was re-registering with the Wii, I weighed in and it said I was overweight :(. Just barely, but still, I want to stay out of that category! Part of it was that it was evening (not usually when I would weigh-in, but that was the Wii Fail, not me!). I'm also not sure on my height. Am I 5'6" or 5'5"?  I put it the latter and that doesn't give me as much leeway.

This morning I was 148.5, which is good. Puts my MFP ticker at 32 pounds lost, same as my official weigh-in last Friday. I was super bummed yesterday though, when the scale slipped up to 150.2. I was SO hoping for a week without seeing anything in the 150s. I'd made it through the weekend and everything.  Check back on Friday for my official weekly weigh-in! *Ü*

8 comments:

  1. Frustrating! I hate when I lose my 'progress'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks that the Wii erased all your hard work. But keep at it and you'll have awesome high scores back on there in no time :) That sounds like a lot of fun. I play Wii bowling and tennis when I go to my sisters place.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I need to hop on Wii fit again! I keep forgetting about it. I love the downhill ski jumps!

    www.girlmeetscamera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ski jump is one I have never mastered. I can NOT get a four star score on it!

      Delete
  4. I haven't been on the wii fit in ages! I hate it when you see a loss one day and it's gone the next :( GRR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be your weight :) 148 is my goal in my head lol
    I should get my wii dusted off and use it more - I have not used it in forever :/ I used to love the balance game with the marble and the platforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorites too. I usually only do about 10minutes when on the Wii, but I usually do the "table tilt" twice, once on the beginner, and then again on the advanced.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...