Monday, March 3, 2014

Top Tips



The theme for today's Motivation Monday Link Up is Top Tips for Weight Loss. Now I also participate regularly in two Tuesday Tips and Tricks link-ups, (with with Lisa and Kristin.). So for today's (and tomorrow's *Ü*) post, I thought I'd revisit a couple of my previous TIP posts ... just in case you missed them the first time around ~


  • Top Tips: In my Top Tips for Workouts and Weight Loss  post I featured a magazine article which offered up 100 or so tips. I spotlighted those I agreed with, a couple I didn't, and then offered up a few tips of my own.
  • Make it Count: Track your activity with a pedometer ... it's an easy addition and can be very motivating (at least it was for me!).  I love my Fitbit, but you can pick up a more inexpensive option to try too.
  • Get a Fan if you Can: My Biggest Fan. I'm not talking about someone cheering you on (although that is good too) but an actual FAN that keeps the air circulating and cools you down during a workout.
  • TV Time Tips: Take advantage of technology ... in my Streaming vs DVDs post, I mentioned some of the devices out there that can bring YouTube and almost all TV programming to your TV at your convenience. For me, TV Time = Exercise Time.  And don't forget to check out exercise options on YouTube, DVDs and also, if you're an Amazon Prime member, there are a ton of streamable programs there too (Amazon Prime and Exercise).
  • Reward Yourself and Give Back: Tying my activity to several "reward" websites has helped motivate me to move a little more (Reaping the Rewards).  Currently, I'm also working with PACT, setting a goal for fitness and food tracking. I plan on doing a review of my experience with that coming up soon.
You can see that MY tips focus more on the fitness part ... Now I KNOW, it's the eating that will actually make the biggest difference in weight loss. I AM working on that. I'm counting calories using MFP and that has made a big difference (My Fitness Pal, A Good Pal to Have). Check out the other posts in the link up for more tips, and share some of your own!

The Motivation Monday team
Tiffany/Morgan/Wendy/Alisha/Betty
JenB/Brandi/Jen/Gwen /Theresa

 Linking up with Nikki and Katie too.



7 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I think you tips can be posted many times. There are always new people looking for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Fitbit, too, and I'm definitely walking a lot more since I got one last year in January. I like the tip of getting a fan to keep yourself cool! I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get better at rewarding myself! And thanks for all your tips, I'm going to check out those links about the 100 tips to see if I can add any more to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got myself a pedometer last year but I use it only once. Now I realize how inconsistent I am. I will start to use the pedometer again to track my 10000-step-a-day goal. Love your top list!

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips Jen! I love the one about the fan - I thought you were going to talk about accountability artners, but an actual fan is a great tip! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tips! So good to look back and revisit them!

    Thanks for linking up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I bring my fan to the gym with me every day! People might think I am a FREAK but honestly, I AM A GENIUS and they're jealous when I am being cooled down by a breeze and their sweating BUCKETS! ha ha ah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...