The theme for today's Motivation Monday Link Up is Top Tips for Weight Loss. Now I also participate regularly in two Tuesday Tips and Tricks link-ups, (with with Lisa and Kristin.). So for today's (and tomorrow's *Ü*) post, I thought I'd revisit a couple of my previous TIP posts ... just in case you missed them the first time around ~
- Top Tips: In my Top Tips for Workouts and Weight Loss post I featured a magazine article which offered up 100 or so tips. I spotlighted those I agreed with, a couple I didn't, and then offered up a few tips of my own.
- Make it Count: Track your activity with a pedometer ... it's an easy addition and can be very motivating (at least it was for me!). I love my Fitbit, but you can pick up a more inexpensive option to try too.
- Get a Fan if you Can: My Biggest Fan. I'm not talking about someone cheering you on (although that is good too) but an actual FAN that keeps the air circulating and cools you down during a workout.
- TV Time Tips: Take advantage of technology ... in my Streaming vs DVDs post, I mentioned some of the devices out there that can bring YouTube and almost all TV programming to your TV at your convenience. For me, TV Time = Exercise Time. And don't forget to check out exercise options on YouTube, DVDs and also, if you're an Amazon Prime member, there are a ton of streamable programs there too (Amazon Prime and Exercise).
- Reward Yourself and Give Back: Tying my activity to several "reward" websites has helped motivate me to move a little more (Reaping the Rewards). Currently, I'm also working with PACT, setting a goal for fitness and food tracking. I plan on doing a review of my experience with that coming up soon.