Friday, March 14, 2014

WWI #35 & Friday 5

It's been a busy week!  You can check out all the details in my Day to Day Doings if you'd like. There's been a lot of late night basketball.  Doctor and physical therapy visits (for #2, the basketball boy). School activities too. Busy! But it's been a good exercise week as well. I hit a new high ... and my weigh-in is a new low (if you don't count December Sickness ... that is still throwing off my perspective!) Linking up with Fitness Friday and Follow Through Friday


Numbers: Down .6 from last week. That is enough to earn a new number on my MFP ticker though! 32 pounds lost. Yea!  The high was 152.5, low is today's (and yesterday's) weigh-in of 148.3. Still trying to get an entire week under 150!  According to my numbers, I had a weekly deficit of 4990 calories (where's my 1+pound loss?). Average calories in 2100. Average burn 3143 (yea, I topped my 3000 goal). 


Friday Five

I thought I'd participate in the Friday link-ups ... Five Things Friday (Fitting It All In), Friday Five (Eat Pray Run) and Five on Friday (Hello Happiness) with a little spotlight on the things (TV, Books) that have captured my interest and motivated me to workout this past week ... 5 tv series I'm watching and the book I'm reading (you can check out my GoodReads profile for the last 5+ books if you want a peek at what else I've read and reviewed).

I've been happy to have my favorite shows return to prime time. With my PlayLater/Roku combo, I can record the shows from their online postings, then watch them down in my gym while I workout. I've enjoyed having Grey's Anatomy, Scandal & The Good Wife back on. Which reminds me, the first two were just on last night, I best get them recorded so I can watch them! I am currently caught up on The Voice and I'm looking forward to the battle rounds. I like those performances best, the harmonies of the duets are almost always great. I wish Itunes sold the duet versions, I don't want the solo version. As for my "streaming" show, I started watching "Vikings" (History Channel, on Amazon Prime). Wow, it is bloody violent, and you just aren't sure who to cheer for or empathize with. There's not really a "good" guy ... I'm almost through the first season. I don't think I'll watch season 2 immediately (I'd have to revert to PlayLater for that) so I'm looking at my lists to see what I'll be streaming next ...

I've read a few books that were fine, but weren't really capturing my attention. I jumped online to glance through the library offerings and was happy to see "Into The Still Blue" not only at the library, but available for immediate download.  I really enjoyed the first two books of this series and have been happily hitting the bike to get in at least 30minutes of reading a day (plus a little "just" reading here and there as I have the time). 

How was YOUR week.
What are you reading/watching?






8 comments:

  1. Keep it up on the weight loss - that's awesome!
    Scandal!!!!! I never think I'll be able to stay up to watch it & I'm always bright eyed at 11:00pm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't watch it if I had to stay up! That is past my bedtime... although I don't think it's actually on that late here in Utah. I just wait until the Network posts it online and then watch it at my leisure ... well, while working out. Hopefully that's not too leisurely for me!

      Delete
  2. Sadly I don't watch any of those shows. I use to love Grey's Anatomy and watched it faithfully for years but alas I couldn't keep up with it cus it came on too late! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watch anything "live" when it's actually on. Sometimes I don't even get to it that quickly. I don't mind letting a couple episodes pile up and then having a mini marathon while I watch and workout. Live TV is on SO late ... definitely last my bedtime.

      Delete
  3. I don't watch TV unless you count Biggest Loser and Game of Thrones on my ipad when I run on the treadmill. No time so something had to go. TV. I'm currently reading the a new series but I can't remember the name. ugh! It's kind of a cross between Harry Potter and Catching Fire.

    Thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watched Biggest Loser for the first time this past season. I watch some shows on my ipad, but we've been able to wire my home gym with a full size TV/Roku/Playlater ... so anything that is available anywhere online, I can stream to my TV, rather than the small screen. Just a bit easier to look up at the TV, then down at the screen. I actually prefer the Ipad for the stationary bike though. I'm spoiled I know.

      If you think of the title of the series stop back and let me know. I LOVE reading and enjoyed both those series ... your description sounds a little bit like "Hex Hall" (which I read and enjoyed).

      Thanks for hosting Fitness Friday :)

      Delete
  4. I am actually trying to catch up on House of Cards Season I. Can't wait to get to Season 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubs and I did watch House of Cards. I liked season 1 a bit better, but that's just me I think. I really like having an entire season to watch at once, rather than having the weeks and months in-between like current programming. I have my few favorites that I keep up on, but everything else I'm just going to wait until I can watch it all at once (Netflix or DVD).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...