Friday, February 14, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In (#31)

Another UP week ... not really sure why. I was dragging after the difficulties of last week. Last Friday, I logged my weigh-in and blog post. I got in my hour of elliptical and weight workout, but not much else.  I was very unmotivated Saturday and Sunday too. I actually spent some time just reading in bed and taking it easy. I did still get in my hour of elliptical both days, but was over my calories Fri/Sat/Sun.

Monday morning weight was higher... as usual after a "wicked weekend".  I had really good days Mon and Tues, but didn't have my usual weight correction and was a little discouraged mid-week and went overboard on the eating on Wednesday (although still broke even on intake/burn). The scale SURE showed that, but at least I got motivated enough to keep calories in check yesterday.

But even with the higher weights this week, I feel good.  Maybe I need to attempt some measurements ... my workout pants (elastic and drawstring waists) have been feeling a little big, I've actually had some trouble keeping them up. I've been able to wear my size 8 jeans without a problem. I've been getting my exercise in every day and feeling strong and fit. I did a couple of longer runs, new records for me. I'm pretty happy with my reflection in the mirror. Just feeling content and happy. Life is good.
 
Numbers: Up 1.7 from last week (148.9 to 150.6). Average is also up (150.1 to 150.84, +.83). High was 153.4. Low was 148.9.  Total weekly deficit of 2515 ... so I DID have a deficit this week, even though the scale doesn't reflect it at all. Average intake 2179. Average burn 2778.

Linking up with Fitness Friday  and Follow Through Friday.


It's Valentines Day.

Still had early morning basketball practice for #2. So I've made three trips to the middle school already today. Late start there, early out at the elementary. Helping out at the Valentine Party at school. I'm really hoping I can fit my weight workout into today.  I best get off my blog and get going! Here's a little more humor for the day.




How was YOUR week?
Any Valentine plans?

7 comments:

  1. How do you measure body fat? I have been wondering this and have not researched it yet.
    Size 8 is my next goal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Fitbit Aria scale does a "bodyfat" measurement ... I'm not sure how accurate I think it is. It seems to go more off of your stats (age, weight, sex). When my 18 year old son and I were of similar weight, a couple times I accidentally registered me as my son, and it would come back with a bodyfat reading of 18% instead of the 33% it comes back with when I tell it who I really am ...

      Delete
  2. My oldest son (14 yrs old) and third daughter (23 yrs old) are the same height and weight. My complaint, I'm the one with most body fat. That's just wrong. *GRIN*

    I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the joys of youth! You look great and I bet your bodyfat is a ton better than mine! Even the same heigh/weight can have such different body composition!

      Delete
  3. Don't let yourself get discouraged, no matter how hard it is not to. You are doing great...perhaps the scales will catch up with you next week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scales are not accurate, you need to get a skinfold measurement. Do you live in Chicago? I could measure you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowhere near Chicago :) I really do not put much (if any) stock in the "bodyfat" readings on my scale. I know I probably should get a skinfold measurement done at some point. Hubby once did a water weigh body fat test that is supposed to be quite accurate.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...