Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 2014 Daily Doings


  • 0101 (Wednesday) NEW YEARS DAY. Ok Day. Weight 153.9. Fitbit Steps 10998. Total Burn 2271. Calories in 2300. Calories out 559. Exercise: 60minElliptical. We slept in and had a relaxing morning (I did get a workout or two in) then headed up to Maga's for her annual Pastry Wreath. It is a delectable dish that I'm not sure of the calorie count at all, but I'm sure it's up there! Already had quite an increase on the scale ... I blame the ChexMix from last night (sugar,butter,cornsyrup poured over the cereal ... it's addictive and so easy to just keep eating all night). Did get in another workout before bed, but even with double the actual exercise of yesterday, my other activity didn't add up to much, so my Fitbit burn/adjustment was less than yesterday.
  • 0102 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 154.5. Fitbit Steps 23577. Total Burn 2951. Calories in 1400. Calories out 1239. Exercise: 100minElliptical. 1.5mileTrack. Oh dear ... the weight is UP. I think that motivated/mortified me enough to have a good day today. I actually totally planned on giving Jillian a try, but I did get caught up in blogging/computer stuff that took up a little too much time. Just trying to get caught up so I don't feel behind going into the new year. But did get in my elliptical, and in the evening, when #2 had his game at the gym with the track above, I took my shoes and did a little jogging while we waited for his game to begin (then I went down to man the video camera. I would have liked to jog the whole time, but oh well). I was about 50 calories shy of "official" goal, but I'm gonna say this was a GOT TO GOAL day!
  • 0103 (Friday) Ok Day. Weight 151.6. Fitbit Steps 16170. Total Burn 2506. Calories in 2100. Calories out 807. Exercise: 60minElliptical. I really wanted to get to some weights today, I had the energy and the desire, but not the time. Had to run to several stores for party prep purchases. The boys (2&3) went to the high school in the evening to watch the basketball games there.
  • 0104 (Saturday) Bad Day. Weight 151.7. Fitbit Steps 16537. Total Burn 2642. Calories in 2800. Calories out 943. Exercise: 60minElliptical. Got up and got in some cardio before starting on the party prep and cleaning the house. We had the baptism for #5, then had the family over to the house after. We broke out the chocolate fountain and had chicken salad on croissants, chips and a veggie tray. Yes, I indulged. SO glad to have this done and over with though!
  • 0105 (Sunday) Bad Day. Weight 152.2. Fitbit Steps 13284. Total Burn 2404. Calories in 2550. Calories out 712. Exercise: 60minElliptical. Last year out church time was 11:00-2:00. This year it switches to 1:00-4:00. The family hates it, but I actually don't mind. I thought we were switching to the 9:00-12:00, which most people prefer, but I wasn't willing to give up my Sunday sleep in. This does make for a relaxing morning where I can get in a couple workouts and still do our big Sunday Circle breakfast. It does interfere with naps ... there's not really time for that, but that's not all bad.
  • 0106 (Monday) Good Day. Weight 151.4. Fitbit Steps 29179. Total Burn 3259. Calories in 2600. Calories out 1570. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 60min/3.5miles Treadmill, 38min/10miles Bike, Ripped in 30 Level 4.  So happy and excited to get back to the routine! Felt good today, although running a whole mile was tough (first time since being sick). Back on carpool duty, hit Sam'sClub on the way home from dropping off the munchkins to school. Had Papa Murphy Monday, and I did partake of some pizza (white sauce and cheese, had them leave the toppings off half of hubby's chicken garlic) and I made homemade oreos. It had been a while! There were no leftovers. Played Apples to Apples as a family.
  • 0107 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 152.0. Fitbit Steps 26821. Total Burn 3265. Calories in 2000. Calories out 1563. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 1mile Treadmill, 8mile Bike, 30Ds Level 1. In addition to exercise, I did my volunteer shift and the elementary school and did some grocery shopping. Lots of running kids places after school (scouts, playdate, basketball practice and an interview for a school assignment). I was quite ready for bed at 10:00! 
  • 0108 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 151.9. Fitbit Steps 25469. Total Burn 3022. Calories in 2200. Calories out 1314. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 30min/1.5mileTreadmill, 30DS Level 2. I was feeling a little worn down from my workouts, I figured it would be a good day to get my nails done. I still got in my exercise and errands (drycleaning, grocery shopping). #3 had a basketball game in the evening. I got in a little walking (around the gym) while we were waiting for the game to start. They won.
  • 0109 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 151.7. Fitbit Steps 26059. Total Burn 3088. Calories in 1550. Calories out 1388. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 8milesBike, 1mileTreadmill, 30DS Level 3. Didn't have a lot on deck during the day (got my exercise in) but the afternoon was rather packed. #4 did NOT want to go to basketball practice, so I let it slide. The older boys had basketball at the church, #3 had practice and #2 had a game (they won). Really tried to control the calories today.
  • 0110 (Friday) Ok Day. Weight 150.1. Fitbit Steps 19037. Total Burn 2767. Calories in 2300. Calories out 1076. Exercise: 60minElliptical, 10milesBike, 1mileTreadmill, 60minWeights & 10minHula. Friday schedules are screwed up. Normally I sleep in a little, as the middle schoolers have late start, but #2 had a 6:30 basketball practice. I had to go back to the school to pick him up after dropping off the elementary kids, then back again to drop the middle kids off. Three trips to the middle school by 10am. I stopped at the store on the way home for groceries/prescription refill. Got in some exercise before the elementary early out. Hubby and I went out (it's been a while since our last "date") to Red Robin for an early dinner. Got there just in time to beat the rush.
  • 0111 (Saturday) Bad Day. Weight 151.1. Fitbit Steps 19236. Total Burn 2671. Calories in 2800. Calories out 975. Exercise: 60minElliptical, 30min/2.5milesTrack. Hubby and some of the boys went out to Kneaders for breakfast, I figured I'd resist temptation (and #4, fellow homebody didn't want to go either and I couldn't leave him home alone) but then grabbed some cold cereal that I'm betting added up to what I would have eaten had I gone with the guys. #5 had his basketball game at 12:00. I took my shoes and jogged the track during their practice portion, and during the two quarters he wasn't in. When he was playing I ran down and got some video highlights. It was a very disrupted run, but I figure I got about 2.5 miles in. I DID resist stopping for donuts, even though we drove right past the shop. I was controlling calories ok, and had a couple more basketball games (for #4 and #2, Daddy took #3 to his which overlapped with the two I was watching). Wins all around today. But Daddy and the boys had gone to Chick-fila and I indulged in some chicken nuggets. Then Daddy made malts and I did partake. High calories that my track time and elliptical exercise couldn't combat.
  • 0112 (Sunday) Bad Day. Weight 153.1. Fitbit Steps 12301. Total Burn 2344. Calories in 2900. Calories out 632. Exercise: 60minElliptical. Slow Sunday ... sleep in and church take out a chunk of time. Sunday circles in the morning, and everyone was clamoring for homemade oreos, so I made them. And ate them. They are so yummy!
  • 0113 (Monday) Good Day. Weight 153.9. Fitbit Steps 30447. Total Burn 3346. Calories in 1900. Calories out 1641. Exercise: 90minElliptical, 60min/4.25miles Treadmill, 30minBike, 30DS Level 1.  Back to the routine, and I was ready to be back. Weight was up. Got in all my exercise and kept calories under control. Hit 30K and got a footrub from hubby.
  • 0114 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 152.7. Fitbit Steps 22498. Total Burn 3034. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1332. Exercise: 60minElliptical, 30minBike, 30DS Level 1, 50min Zumba. Our church was offering a free Zumba class. I've never done a class, and I've never done Zumba. This was way out of my comfort zone, but I did it. It was just ok though. The instructor wasn't great. It was free and I guess you get what you pay for. Did my volunteering at the elementary. We'd had so much fun playing games with Grandparents on New Years, I was thinking we should make it a monthly (or weekly) activity. We had my folks over tonight. I made haystacks for dinner and we played games. Hubby isn't feeling well though. Flu?
  • 0115 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 152.0. Fitbit Steps 22973. Total Burn 2913. Calories in 1400. Calories out 1211. Exercise: 70minElliptical, 1mileTreadmill, 30DS Level 1.  Hubby attempted to go to work, but realized he couldn't fight the flu. He came back home and was down for the day. His medication wore off, but he was sleeping (fitfully). I guess I should have awakened him to take some ibuprofen, because his temperature spiked to 105°. With medicine and cool cloths we were able to get it down. Gonna keep medication on a schedule until we're sure it's passed. With hubby home, I didn't get in quite as much cardio. I'm still counting it as a "good" day, as I only missed my burn goal by 87 and I did keep intake in check. #3 had a game in the evening. It was a little rough, he got a bad bloody nose. I was just glad when it was over (we won).
  •  0116 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 151.6. Fitbit Steps 23900. Total Burn 3157. Calories in 1700. Calories out 1463. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 30minBike, 1mileTreadmill (jog, 12min), JM Yoga Meltdown. Not a great night, I wanted to be sure hubby got his medication on schedule (around 3am), so I was awake before that and couldn't get back to sleep after. He is still down today but doesn't seem as bad as yesterday. Got in my exercise and a quick grocery store run. Hubby and #1 son did a derby in the evening (hubby didn't feel he could cancel).  #4 had practice but he didn't want to go and I didn't feel like forcing him. He says he doesn't want to play basketball on a team anymore :(  #3 had church ball and #2 had a game. It was across town, which caused me a bit of anxiety. I do NOT like driving on freeways or in the dark, but at least the traffic wasn't too bad and the roads were clear. But these 9:00 games are just too late!
  • 0117 (Friday) Pretty Good Day. Weight 149.9. Fitbit Steps 20365. Total Burn 2921. Calories in 1650. Calories out 1217. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 30minBike, Treadmill Mile, 60minWeights. #2 had 6:30 basketball practice, then I had to grab him at 8:30, then back to the school at 9:30 (dropping off the elementary kids in between, although #4 stayed home sick, even though he sure didn't seem very sick later in the day). Busy morning! Then early out for the elementary. But I did get in my cardio and weights. Hubby went to work today, but came home exhausted. #2 and #3 went to the high school games in the evening. I'm always glad when it ends and I can collect the kids and call it a night.  Didn't quite get to goal, but kept calories in check. Happy to be under 150!
  • 0118 (Saturday) OK Day. Weight 149.5. Fitbit Steps 12427. Total Burn 2240. Calories in 1950. Calories out 553. Exercise: 20minElliptical, 1mileTrack. Wasn't feeling 100% today, not sure why. I totally slept in (till about 8:30) and then went and watched the boys play basketball (see the highlights HERE, my boys are 11, 2 & 14). Glad I was able to see the entire game and get video. I then hit the elliptical, but felt wiped after just 10 minutes (so I stopped). Had #5's game at 1:00 and did get in a little jogging around the track, but not much (we were running late and then he played 3 of the 4 quarters). #4 had a game but he has been not wanting to play, so I didn't force him. Games for #3 and #2 later in the day. Then we met family at a local pizza joint (I have a white sauce/cheese "pizza" ... it's basically breadsticks). Did 10 more minutes on the elliptical to end the day.
  • 0119 (Sunday) OK Day. Weight 149.6. Fitbit Steps 10949. Total Burn 2231. Calories in 2200. Calories out 535. Exercise: 60minElliptical. Got up and got in an elliptical session, felt better than yesterday so I did 20 minutes. Made breakfast, another elliptical, then church. French dip after church, and then cookie press cookies for dessert. Used my snowflake disk I got for Christmas. Ate too many cookies and probably will the next few days until they are gone ...
  • 0120 (Monday) Pretty Good Day. Weight 151.1. Fitbit Steps 24420. Total Burn 2993. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1297. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 2mile/24minTreadmill, 30minBike, 30DS Level 2, 10minWiiFit. The boys were out for the MLK holiday. I slept in a bit,  hubby and the boys had to put up flags for boy scouts. Hubby picked up donuts (as an incentive for the boys) then had leftovers ... which he brought home. Donuts are deadly. I did eat. I got in oodles of exercise but ate back all my calories.
  • 0121 (Tuesday) Pretty Good Day. Weight 152.1. Fitbit Steps 27431. Total Burn 3250. Calories in 2600. Calories out 1548. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 60minZumba, 1mile/12min Treadmill, 30minBike, 30DS Level 2. Today feels like a Monday, since yesterday wasn't the usual routine. Back to getting up at 6:00. I went ahead and went to Zumba again. I was able to hit 10K by 10am ... I used to do that regularly, but it has been a looooong time. Had my volunteer shift at the school, hit the store for some groceries and made dinner (chicken pillows). Daddy took the two little boys to scout Pack meeting. #1 went to watch his school basketball game and #2 went ice skating (at the Olympic Oval with friends). Just me and #3 home in the evening (he WANTED to go to the high school basketball game, but it was at the opposing school which has its complications).
  • 0122 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 152.3. Fitbit Steps 27007. Total Burn 3201. Calories in 1700. Calories out 1469. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 1mileTreadmill, 30minBike, 30DS Level 2. Even though "technically" I've stayed under calories the past few days, weight has gone up. Not sure if it's incorrect counting on exercise or eating (or both), or just I'm not going to lose when eating 2500+ calories (even if I exercise) or if it's the types of foods (empty calories). Anyway, I was motivated enough to day that I really kept the eating in control. Decent food choices and kept calories down. It was actually a crazy frustrating day! I started on the laundry only to find out the dryer is not working. I asked a neighbor if I could "borrow" her dryer, and when I got back from dropping it off, the garage door went of the rail. This has happened before and I've been able to fix it, but it sure was difficult this time. I had to manually release the door and then I couldn't get it to reconnect. Finally I worked it out. When my neighbor called to let me know my clothes were done, the phone wasn't working! It rang, I could see who it was ala caller id, but I couldn't hear her, she couldn't hear me ... this had happened a few times in the past day or so but it always was the same number so I thought that ONE person was the problem, but it was the phone. So I spent some time chatting with customer service, got disconnected, and ended up just trying the ol "turn it off and turn it back on again" approach (resetting our PhonePower server) and that seemed to reset things ... the phone started ringing off the hook after that!  So anyway, NOT a great day but I'm glad I didn't resort to any emotional eating, instead working off some frustrations in exercise. Threw in a lasagna for dinner (homemade, but I make multiples and freeze them for easy dinners in the future) and then took #3 to his basketball game. They like us to get them there a little early, and then the game before went over. I tried to non-nonchalantly walk back and forth (most people are watching the game, right? They probably thought I was just a nervous parent pacing away) ... but I got in 2500 steps. The boys lost and #3 had a tough time keeping emotions in check. I wish he could just remember that in an hour it doesn't matter! If he makes a big deal of things (crying, getting mad) THAT will make people remember! Good sportsmanship is most important, you're a winner even if you don't win that particular game ... 
  • 0123 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 150.8. Fitbit Steps 26915. Total Burn 3031. Calories in 1350. Calories out 1346. Exercise: 80minElliptical, Treadmill Mile, 30minBike, 20minZumba. A negative net day, I don't do those often! Early out for the elementary. Just really kept calories in check and had a busy evening so I didn't get dinner in. Got in my cardio during the day, including trying out WiiZumba. Didn't get in any strength today (which was actually on plan). #3 had practice, #2 had a game ... they lost, first loss in this league.
  • 0124 (Friday) Pretty Good Day. Weight 149.1. Fitbit Steps 15740. Total Burn 2561. Calories in 1900. Calories out 870. Exercise: 60minElliptical, Treadmill Mile, 60minWeights.  Could have slept in today as the kids didn't have school (teacher prep day for the end of the quarter) but #2 had 6:30 practice. Oh well, good to get up and started on the day. I was happy with weigh-in. I felt like I was on chauffeur duty in the morning though ... running the kid to/from practice, to the store for some new shoes, to his friend's house to hang out. I had #1 drive #3 to the high school when it was game time (watching the high school games) but then had to pick up the boys in the evening. Didn't get to goal, but an hour of weights (very few steps) does make that hard.
  • 0125 (Saturday) Pretty Good Day. Weight 148.9. Fitbit Steps 19348. Total Burn 2639. Calories in 2150. Calories out 951. Exercise 60minElliptical, Track (2 miles). Did "French Toast Friday" yesterday, and "Saturday Circles" (pancakes) this morning. Yummy, but a pretty big (caloric) breakfast cuts into calories for the day. There had been a church game on the schedule but it got postponed. Bummer. #5 had his game at noon, I jogged during the practice portion and the one quarter he was on the bench, got in about 4000 steps. I wasn't feeling 100% and just told myself to walk, but I did end up jogging a good portion of the time. #4 had his game, and he actually went to it. They lost though. Pictures after. #3 had his game, overlapping with #2's game, so Daddy and I switched off. Two more losses ... and #3, I'm seriously wondering if we need to get him into counseling to get some anger management/coping skills. He isn't handling these games well. Daddy is ready to pull him from basketball completely and I'm pretty close. 
  • 0126 (Sunday) Bad Day. Weight 149.0. Fitbit Steps 11534. Total Burn 2330. Calories in 2450. Calories out 657. Exercise: 40min Elliptical. 10minWiiFit. Nice to sleep in! Did our usual Sunday Circles (Belgian waffles) and had church. Hubby bought a new computer for the family yesterday and that made some changes needed. I worked all afternoon so we could switch desks in the kids homework room Hubby wasn't very happy to be moving furniture at 9:00 at night, but I needed to get the big stuff moved, then I can hopefully complete the cleanup and organizational stuff tomorrow. Still a ton of stuff to do, it will impact my Monday, but hubby and I have tickets to a show, so it was going to be impacted anyway. It was fun going through a bunch of the old photos and school stuff from the kids. They enjoyed the walk down memory lane too. Food was over ... I wouldn't have made toasted cheese sandwiches for myself, but everyone wanted one, and they did look yummy as I made them, so I did have a half. Also made brownies (I like to make a big batch and package them up for lunch treats) ... but also ate a little. 
  • 0127 (Monday) Ok Day. Weight 151.5. Fitbit Steps 15959. Total Burn 2571. Calories in 2400. Calories out 898. Exercise: 40minElliptical. BUSY day today! I got in an elliptical first thing, then got the kids off to school and stopped at the store. Jumped on the elliptical gain ... and then didn't make it back down the rest of the day. Attacked my chaos from the room rearranging, dropped some stuff at DI (also grabbed a couple chairs there, returning the kitchen chairs to the table there). More cleanup while the repairman came for the dryer and fixed it! Yea, now I can do laundry (did some laundry). Hubby and I had tickets to "The Foreigner" at HCT, 4:00 matinee ... so sat for a couple of hours there. Then my folks came over for dinner and games. I was pretty wiped out by end of day. Food choices were not the best. Didn't eat much the first half of the day, splurged on some treats during the show and had some Papa Murphy's pizza (thin crust, white sauce, cheese) for dinner. 
  • 0128 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 150.2. Fitbit Steps 28486. Total Burn 3235. Calories in 2000. Calories out 1567. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 60minZumba, Treadmill Mile, 30DS Level 3. Got my elliptical in first thing, then got the kids off to school. Went to Zumba at the church, still not uber impressed with my burn, but it's close, free and fits in my schedule. Got 10K by 10 a.m. again. Continued to get in workouts, as well as laundry catchup, continued cleaning and carpools.  Tuesday is also my volunteer day in #4's class at the elementary school. Spaghetti for dinner, although hubby didn't get home until late. Felt a little off in the evening, but I think it's just TOM time coming up. Really tried not to go overboard with calories and kept them in control. 
  • 0129 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 149.3. Fitbit Steps 26392. Total Burn 3113. Calories in 1800. Calories out 1427. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 24min/2miles Treadmill, 30min/8miles Bike, 30DS Level 3. Happy to see the weight adjust after a good day. Got in some grocery shopping after kid carpools. I'm back on double duty carpool in the afternoons, as #1 son's school schedule has changed (he was picking up the middle school kids on his way home but not anymore).  Basketball game for #3 in the evening. Another loss, still some emotion but he handled it a bit better. The boys actually did a great job coming back from a first half where they couldn't get a basket (well, they had one point in the first quarter!) 
  • 0130 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 149.3. Fitbit Steps 29803. Total Burn 3285. Calories in 1900. Calories out 1602. Exercise: 80minElliptical, 60min/4.25miles Treadmill (mile/intervals/incline), 30min/8mile Bike. Also tried a Zumba DVD (The Firm/Latin Dance) but gave up after 10 minutes ... just couldn't follow the moves and my heart rate wasn't going up at all. Grabbed a few groceries after dropping off the kidlets, and then made chicken and wild rice soup. It makes a lot, so I took some to a neighbor as well. Stopped in for a bit to watch the three boys play a game at the church, then took #2 to his game. An easy in for them. Grabbed #3 from practice on the way home (#1 had taken him after the church game ended). TOM is here and it's annoying. Some cramping and such (luckily I don't usually have much trouble with that as I know so many women do).   
  • 0131 (Friday) Ok Day. Weight 148.7. Fitbit Steps 19354. Total Burn 2825. Calories in 2100. Calories out 1140. Exercise: 80minElliptical, Treadmill Mile, 30min/8mile Bike, 60min Weights. Early morning basketball practice for #2, then carpools getting the kids to school. . #5 wasn't feeling well so I let him stay home from school. He wasn't too bad, but did have some potty problems that would have been an issue at school. Late start for the middle school, early out at the elementary (still had to go grab #4).  Still got in workouts ok, but not quite to goal. A little over on calories ... Friday French Toast for dinner. TOM is here with a vengeance this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...