Friday, February 28, 2014

WWI (#33) & Friday Five

I'm late posting my weekly weigh-in and link up with Follow Up Friday ... oops, I guess I'm too late to link up :(  Our modem went out on Wednesday and after several days without service and many frustrating encounters with the cable company (I finally went in and exchanged it and installed the new modem  myself) ... and I'm back.  Another week in the books ... another week staying right around the same weight. If I was in maintenance, I'd be doing great. I'm just not there yet. Close, but not there yet.

It was a bit of a frustrating week with the internet issues, TOM time, the weather went from gorgeous sun to dreary rain. On the plus side, I tried a THIRD Zumba class and really enjoyed it. I think I'll be a Tues/Wed/Thurs Zumba gal. The instructor spied me at this weeks Thursday class again and pointed at me and asked "you're hooked, aren't you?" ... yes.

Numbers ... weight down .3 ounces from last week. Average was back down (150.86, it had jumped up last week). High weight for the week was 152.9. Low was 149.8. Still striving to get an entire week of weight readings under 150.  My average burn was up to 2973, almost to goal! Intake average was 2150. I actually had a total weekly deficit of 3501. Where's my one pound loss?I did update my Day to Day Doings if you wanted details on any of the days this past week.

I thought I'd wrap up February with a CURRENTLY post, and link up with Friday Five (Eat Pray Run),  Five Things Friday (Fitting It All In),  and  Five on Friday with Liz.

What I'm Reading ... a few weeks ago there was a list going around of "Books to Read Before They Are Made Into Movies In 2014" ... I've already read Vampire Academy (the entire series, but not the spin-off), Divergent (the trilogy), The Maze Runner (the trilogy) and The Giver (the quartet) but had NOT read The Fault In Our Stars. I put it on hold at our local library, and even though I was #135, it came in pretty quick. I picked it up, started reading ... and decided a big ol' physical book was just too heavy and went ahead and bought the digital version to read on my kindle app on my iphone.  I like being able to highlight sections, as this book does have "quoteable" sections I'd like to save for reference.


 What I'm Watching ... I started watching Arrow (season 1) on Netflix. I didn't know much about it going in, but wasn't surprised when I read that it was based on a DC Comics character. There are "Batman" similarities, and some "Spiderman" like moves.  I like a show that gets the adrenaline pumping, and there are some amazing acts of athleticism here.  The storyline keeps me intrigued too.

I keep a "What I'm Watching" list (for my own reference) ... and in case anyone was interested in a quick review of the shows I've watched and enjoyed. I workout a lot, and workout time is my TV time.

Birthdays ... last week I mentioned it was #2 son's birthday. He and his basketball buddies were at the high school watching the games there, so I took over a bunch of pizza and a big box of cupcakes for an impromptu party (the boys dress up the day before their games). That wraps up our family birthdays for a while ... no more until the end of summer (when we have three in one week).

Basketball ... the season is winding down. The two little boys finished up last week (see my baby in action here, I finally got around to making a muvee, he's #20). Still a few games going on as the older boys play in their championships. Although basketball is never over with my boys, it will be slowing down shortly.

Synchronicity ... just thought I'd share this. When I took off my pedometers (yes, I wear two), they were EXACTLY the same. I've worn two for years, and they've been close before (and sometimes not so close) but I've never had them stop at an exact identical number. I thought it was worth  a picture and a share, and a final link up with Fitness Friday to wrap up my post *Ü*

How was your week?




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! That's cool about your two pedometers - how neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are hooked on Zumba! I really have to give it a try. Sounds like a fun time for your sons birthday. I bet the boys were appreciative of the pizza and cupcakes!

    That is weird that they were exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out the book list - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it was pretty close...perhaps 150 is your ideal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, isn't it maddening to be right in between two "tens digits" when you're trying to lose weight? I'm hovering right around the high 160s/low 170s. Sounds like you are doing awesome- thanks for linking up! I just joined a gym today, right next to my son's school, and they have morning zumba, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...