- Consistency: I don't know about you, but after participating in a blog hop for a while, I come to expect it to be there *Ü* I am disappointed if I have MY blog ready and then I go to link up and the blog hop isn't there that week. Has that ever happened to you?
- Theme: I go back and forth on whether I like there to be a specific theme. On one hand, a theme can serve as a writer's prompt, pushing me to write something I might not have otherwise. I do know, if there IS a theme, I do like to know about it in advance so I can be thinking about my post, and not writing it that day. Did you like it when our Motivation Monday's had a theme, or do you prefer just the general link up? Did the list of themes ever inspire you to write something not originally planned?
- Links: Blog hops will generally show as simple links, or photo image squares. I DO like the picture option, it makes it a bit more personable. As a host however ... the picture option does generally carry a charge with it, and it does add more length to the original blog post each time (it can look a bit cluttered). What is your preference?
- Duration: Most blog hops run for about a week, but I've come across some that only go for a day or so. Often times I've taken the time to write up my blog post, then I go to link up only to find it has closed.
- Linking Back: I normally always try to link back to the blog host on my post. I know some blog hops actually require this (you're link will not be accepted unless there is a link-back present). I will also really try to follow the request to check out (and comment) on a few of the other blogs in the link up. I actually think commenting on the other blogs will make the connections more than just posting your own link.
There are so many blog hops out there ... sometimes I will link up for more than one on a single post. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is that considered bad etiquette?
- Friday was actually pretty good, even with late start at the middle school and early out at the elementary I got in pretty good steps ... this was mostly because of an impromptu treadmill 5k. I plan on writing a little more about that on Workout Wednesday, as it's pretty monumental and I think it deserves it's own post! *Ü* I spend the evening at a basketball game for #3 where the kids were on fire and hitting three pointers all night long!
- Saturday started with a growling tummy. I had really controlled calories Friday and my stomach was complaining! Hubby just looked at me and asked "what exactly is going on over there?" It was a busy day, we had five basketball games and one soccer game (overlapping, so I attended two basketball games, Daddy handled the soccer and #2 hitched a ride to his double header). TOM hit and I went to bed early. Like 8:30 early.
- Sunday we had some family activities, went up to my brother's house. I resisted the treats there but still overindulged in hubby's delicious BBQ that evening. I took a rest day ... didn't even get to 4000 steps on my pedometer!