Friday, April 4, 2014

WWI #38 & 160BPMPopularPlaylist

Well ... not a great week. It started going downhill pretty much after I stepped off the scale last Friday. I was so happy I'd hit my "an entire week under 150" goal. I'm not sure if I felt like I had permission to relax a bit, or "reward" myself with a treat ... or two, or three. Food on Friday, Saturday and Sunday was NOT good. My Monday morning high wasn't really surprising. Although I HAD been very naughty over the weekend and had definitely been over calories, I wasn't 18,5000 over (as the scale was reflecting a FIVE pound increase).  It did motivate me to get back on track though.

I was able to turn things around, but still up from last weigh-in ... in fact the increase from yesterday morning I blame on hubby! Yesterday wasn't great, but I'd done okay. My morning was a little off, as the hubs had scheduled some guys to come in and clean the air-ducts in the house. I HATE having people in the house, I just don't feel like I can keep to my regular routine. Then in the evening, Hubs and #2 stopped at Chick-fil-a after running a pinewood derby and brought home chicken nuggets and fries. I can resist their waffle fries, but their nuggets? It didn't add too many calories (300 or so) but I'm totally going to blame that for the up this morning!

Numbers: Up 2.5 pounds from last week. Average is up also, 1.63 pounds. Amazing how much the scale can fluctuate. High was 153.3, Low was 149.0. I actually DID have a deficit for the week. Even with my overages, I managed to come in at -2115 for the week as a whole.  Average intake 2286. Average burn 2825.  At least my MFP ticker is still at 30 pounds lost. I don't like when it drops back into the 29, 28 ... of course not as good as the 32 it was last week. Gotta get back there and beyond!

Linking up with Fitness FridayFollow Through Friday & Finish Line Friday.

Onto FUN Friday stuff... Friday Five.
I'm not a runner. The elliptical is easy, I enjoy my bike riding (and reading), I look forward to Zumba ... but strapping on the shoes and jogging. It really takes effort. Unfortunately, it seems to be the best way to actually get my heart rate up and get in a lot of steps in a short amount of time. I've been trying to commit to jogging a quick mile each day. I usually exercise with the TV on for motivation/distraction. 

Lately ... I've been turning to music again for my jogs ... and it can be SO motivating. I'm the type that needs to have a perfect beat to match my footfalls. On my treadmill, I set the speed to 5mph. That's what I can maintain for a WHOLE mile. I thought I'd share some of my motivational music, my top five 5mph song selection. Ones that I can count on to keep me going~ 

I pulled this screen shot from Jog.fm. I'm not sure about the whole 9 minute mile listing. I do NOT jog a nine minute mile. I need the full 12 minutes. But the 160-165 BPM is perfect for me at 5mph. I'm figuring you've heard these all before, they are pretty mainstream, but in case you want to check them out, here you go ... can you feel the beat? Does it make you want to go for a jog? *Ü*


I have LOTS more songs on my 5mph playlist ... I'll share others in some future posts. 
Do you have a "motivational music" playlist?
Do you need a specific beat for your running/walking?

Linking up with with the FridayFive linkups...

Five on Friday at Hello Happiness
Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In 
Friday Five at Eat Pray Run 
Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes
Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour
High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth 
 





10 comments:

  1. Love your playlist. I might have to steal a few of those. I've been teeter-tottering on the edge of 150 myself. It's been a struggle. I feel like I've been stuck forever. Hang in there ...we'll get there ...in the mean time you got some cool songs to listen to ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang 150s. I feel like that is the spot ... anything under is ok, anything over not so much. I wish I could just drop five pounds or more, so that it would take more than a bad weekend to pop back over. I have a TON of cool songs! I had to buy the bigger ipod shuffle to fit them all :)

      Delete
  2. we can't stop is a good workout song -- it has kept me running before! :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just that very line ... "we can't stop" is good motivation, right?

      Delete
  3. I sooo need to update my exercise play list and I'm planning on choosing it by the beat per minute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish I had a better way to determine BPM. I have googled it and such, but haven't followed through any more than that. I like the Jog.FM website, but I am entering things manually. It is interesting though, because in my head, the "For Far We've Come" actually "felt" faster to me. Sometimes what I think a song is can be quite different than when I get the numbers or try jogging to it ...

      Delete
  4. I haven't been running with music, except on the treadmill, because I run in a busy area with lots of traffic mostly. I need to get a playlist going for when I'm on a nice trail or downtown on the running paths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much just a treadmill jogger ... busy/traffic/weather/dogs all intimidate me, and I like to be able to go for miles but be 30seconds away from home at the same time. And ... I can blast my music!

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this post! I so know what you mean about being so excited about a weight loss that you eat everything in sight! Haha, but definitely not enough calories to actually gain 5 pounds! Are you using a certain program for recording your weight and measurements? And I love the list of 5mph songs- is that a site that gives you suggestions for songs at certain paces? Very cool. Thanks so much for linking up, and I hope you see you back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No specific program, Fitbit and MFP are my helps ... this blog and an excel file for keeping track. The Jog.fm site lets you look for a song, and tells you the beats per minute. Then you can check out other playlists with that song or speed, etc.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...