Each of the three people who nominated ME, asked 10 questions. You can follow the links back to their blogs, see what questions they were asked, and see other blogs they nominated and how others answered these same questions.
Theresa at A Change of Pace asked ...
- What is your favorite way to sweat? I discovered Zumba this year and I have to say it is the "exercise" I look forward to the most.
- What are you most proud of? I think I'm most proud of my kidlets ... they are great and I'm really proud to call them mine.
- Why did you get into blogging? I used to scrapbook ... photos and journaling. That's really what a blog is. And as much time as blogging does take, it doesn't take as long as scrapbooking! I love that it's easily available to share with family and friends and I really like how it can be so easily organized (labels, chronologically, search, links) to find past posts.
- What is the the last book you read? Wicked Lovely ... I like the YA fantasy, dystopian stuff. You can see all my books on GoodReads (I love and recommend this site!)
- What is your secret guilty pleasure? I love to lay out in the sunshine and read a book.
- What is your favorite way to pamper yourself? See above :)
- Chocolate or vanilla? I LOVE chocolate, but I'm actually a vanilla gal.
- If you had a warning label, what would it read? Caution ... easily overwhelmed!
- If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only take 1 item, what would it be? I guess my Iphone, mostly for my Kindle app (I love to read) and I sure hope that island had electricity to recharge it!
- What's your favorite healthy snack? That is an oxymoron ... I'm not sure if any of my snacks are healthy.
- Why blog, why not just keep a journal? I have kept a journal for years. Now, I do keep a journal portion on my blog (my Day to Day Doings). I love the blog though, for adding images, graphs, links and organizing everything. The blog is so easy to share too ... I DO still keep a private journal for those more personal ponderings.
- What is you favorite form of exercise? I've been loving Zumba, but my easy go to exercise is the elliptical.
- If you had 3 wishes what would they be? Can we ask for more wishes? I'd love heath for me and my family, freedom from financial worries and ... world peace.
- Do you think a 35 hour work week should be THE LAW everywhere? I think it's too hard to place a universal restriction, it just wouldn't work for some people/professions ...
- Lipstick, Lip gloss, or chap stick? All three!
- What is the best meal you have ever had? Hubby's barbequed steak, chicken and mashed taters (see here).
- What are your top 5 songs on your playlist that you HAVE to hear? It does depend on mood and activity (am I jogging?) ... some favorites right now are "Shake" by Victoria Justice, "Chasing the Sun" by Sara Bareilles, "Move a Little Faster" by Dionne Bromfield, "Say Something" by A Great Big World/Christina Aguilera and "Best Day Of My Life" by American Authors.
- What are your blog goals? I don't really have any. Just to keep it up, mostly for me. I don't really have big plans.
- Bed, wed or dead? Brad Pit, Chris Hemsworth, Will Smith. I'm just too literal to play this game ... I mean I'm already married (as are they), so both wed and bed are out, and I'm certainly not going to kill anyone. I'm boring, I know ...
- What is your favorite post that you wrote? I guess it would be my "Wondering About a Fitbit" post. I'm a Fitbit fan, and I hope my post helps anyone considering getting one.
- What was the first blog you ever read? The very first blog was probably my sister's family blog? As far as looking at fitness types, I think it was Runs for Cookies (which was featured in a magazine).
- What are your top five pins on Pinterest? I'd have to say the top five that I have been glad I discovered are: Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats (yummy!), Brazilian Cheese Bread, Chocolate Mint Brownies, Baking Eggs (instead of boiling) and Making Your Own Laundry Detergent. I have these (and others) on my Pinned, Tried, Reviewed board.
- What is your go to easy recipe for dinner each week? Spaghetti or tacos.
- What is your favorite social media site? I'm mostly a Facebook gal (I set up a profile just for my fitness following and posts). I'm trying to use Instagram more ... I set up a Twitter but then I don't think I've ever been back.
- Where do you see your blog in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? I still figure I'll be blogging in a year. 5-10 years? That is long term, who knows? I plan on still keeping up the family blog, but I rather hope by then I've been maintaining goal weight for so long I've run out of things to say here ...
- What is your favorite thing to do for fun? I do enjoy playing games with the family.
- Who is your best friend? I don't know that I've had a "best friend" since high school ...
- How do you promote your blog? I don't pay for any promotion or have any ads. I do participate in blog hop, comment on other blogs and post to Facebook, and hope that might drive some traffic back.
- What is your favorite Disney Movie? The Little Mermaid
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, with unlimited funds--where would you go? I'm really not a vacationer ... I might like to try a nice cruise, or go see the leaves turning on the East coast. Maybe Hawaii ...
1.) you must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) you must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominator
3.) you must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) you must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) you must notify your nominees