Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pinette. Funny & Farewell

Have you heard of the comedian John Pinette? I was sad on Sunday when I heard the news that he had been found dead in his hotel room on Saturday. He had always struggled with weight, health problems, and as many celebrities do, other demons (drug issues I believe). As far as making us laugh though, he was a family favorite. Pretty clean... enough that I'd let my teenagers listen to his stuff. Because of his size, many of his bits focused on food and fitness. In memory of John Pinette, I thought I'd share a few of our favorite funnies.



In this clip he talks about going to the gym. His trainer tells him to do a sit up. 
He says "I don't do ups. Ups defy gravity. Gravity is a law. I obey the law."  
Lots of funny stuff.


Here he talks about going to see a nutritionist (or two, or three),
and attempting to follow their directives.


Here's a quick look at going gluten-free (not by choice).
Celiacs runs in our family, so this hits home.

RIP John Pinette.
Thank you for making us laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I hadn't read that he'd died. Funny, funny man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of him...I'll be going back and watching his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people know him as "the fat guy who got mugged on the final episode of Seinfeld". I was into Seinfeld back then, and watched the series, but discovered John Pinette later simply for his standup. If you have Netflix, his "Still Hungry" special is on there for streaming.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...