Friday, April 18, 2014

WWI#40 & Friday Five (Easter Treat Edition)



Another week down ... well, NOT down. Actually up just a bit. Not a lot, but it was one of those weeks where I didn't weigh in under 150 the entire week. Not great. At least my MFP ticker is at 30 pounds lost, it's been shifting almost daily.

I knew this week would be a little off with Spring Break and the Easter holiday. Added to that, #4 stayed home sick on Monday. He went to school Tuesday but then threw up and I had to run get him for another day at home. Wednesday was early out for the elementary, as well as an assembly for #5. Then the kids were out of school yesterday and today, and will be out Monday as well. Nothing huge, just enough to throw things off just a bit. As always, for more details, check out my Day to Day ...

Numbers ... up .7 from last week, average up too (.93). High was 153.5, low was last week's weigh-in of 149.8.  I did have a deficit for the week, but it was only 1670.  Average in 2386. Average out 2883.

Linking up with Fitness Friday & Follow Through Friday 

 As I've been tracking my weight over these past several years ... I always felt like I had a bump up in April. I wondered if Easter, and Easter treats had anything to do with it .... hmmmm. 

I decided, as Easter is just around the corner, that I would use the Friday Five/Favorites link-ups (Five on Friday at Hello Happiness, Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes,  Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour,  High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In  to feature MY Easter Treats.


Five Favorites On Friday ... Easter Treat Edition

  • Cadbury Mini-Eggs: I'm including them here because everyone ELSE seems to love them. Me? I actually don't care for them. I mean, I will eat them, I don't think they are disgusting or anything, but ... eeeehhh, they are just chocolate.
  • Robin Eggs: Now the malted milk eggs (by Whoppers) ... I LOVE those. If I have a bag open by my computer, all of a sudden that bag is empty and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ate any. I try to eat them slowly, sucking on them until they simply dissolve.
  • Peanut Butter M&M Eggs: I discovered these a few years ago and was addicted. I actually haven't had any in a couple of years. I like regular ol' peanut butter M&Ms, but these eggs? Something about the shape, and the ratio of chocolate to peanut-butter is actually better!
  • Reeses: I do love Reeses. Peanut butter and chocolate. Yummy! The actual Reeses Eggs ... they seem to have a different chocolate to peanut butter ratio, so I do not care for them as much (check out this review of Reeses ratios ). Hubby did bring home a HUGE Reeses from New York.  I'll stick with the miniatures. The individual wrapping will hopefully slow me down, and provide proof of how much I actually ate. The three older boys love Reeses as well, while to two little ones can't stand peanut butter (#5 is actually allergic we think, had a bad reaction several years ago that landed him in the hospital ... we still have peanut butter around but he is very in tune to avoiding it!)
  • Meringue Nests: This final treat was something I was introduced to in elementary school. A friend made these for me every year and eventually passed me the recipe, and I've been making them ever since. It's just a basic meringue cookie recipe, egg whites and sugar whipped until peaks form. Some people actually pipe it for a nicer look, I just plop it by the spoonful into circle shapes, with an indentation in the middle ... trying to make it look a little like a nest. We really don't care what it looks like, we just want to eat it. After it is baked and cooled, it is melt in your mouth numminess! I made some yesterday and will be making a second batch today. The kids love them ... hubby isn't sure what all the fuss is about.

We had some jelly beans around yesterday ... I really only like the red ones. I had the kids filling eggs yesterday ... for some reason I've been the designated egg bringer to the family party for the past many years. We do fill many with edible treats, but I also grab a bunch of little toys and stickers so there isn't so much sugar. 

If you picked FIVE favorites ... what would they be?
Are you ready for Easter?

4 comments:

  1. Hey JenB! I have nominated you for a Liebster! you motivate me with all you daily goals. I LOVE your selfies...lol
    Check my post!
    http://adifferentd.blogspot.com/2014/04/who-me-d.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You beat me to it ... I was thinking I might nominate you :)

      Delete
  2. You are so smart to keep tracking and monitor how you are doing!

    I've got a weakness for Dove Dark Chocolate eggs - those things are too good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, now dark chocolate doesn't temp me at all!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...