Linking up with Fitness Friday & Follow Through Friday
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs: I'm including them here because everyone ELSE seems to love them. Me? I actually don't care for them. I mean, I will eat them, I don't think they are disgusting or anything, but ... eeeehhh, they are just chocolate.
- Robin Eggs: Now the malted milk eggs (by Whoppers) ... I LOVE those. If I have a bag open by my computer, all of a sudden that bag is empty and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ate any. I try to eat them slowly, sucking on them until they simply dissolve.
- Peanut Butter M&M Eggs: I discovered these a few years ago and was addicted. I actually haven't had any in a couple of years. I like regular ol' peanut butter M&Ms, but these eggs? Something about the shape, and the ratio of chocolate to peanut-butter is actually better!
- Reeses: I do love Reeses. Peanut butter and chocolate. Yummy! The actual Reeses Eggs ... they seem to have a different chocolate to peanut butter ratio, so I do not care for them as much (check out this review of Reeses ratios ). Hubby did bring home a HUGE Reeses from New York. I'll stick with the miniatures. The individual wrapping will hopefully slow me down, and provide proof of how much I actually ate. The three older boys love Reeses as well, while to two little ones can't stand peanut butter (#5 is actually allergic we think, had a bad reaction several years ago that landed him in the hospital ... we still have peanut butter around but he is very in tune to avoiding it!)
- Meringue Nests: This final treat was something I was introduced to in elementary school. A friend made these for me every year and eventually passed me the recipe, and I've been making them ever since. It's just a basic meringue cookie recipe, egg whites and sugar whipped until peaks form. Some people actually pipe it for a nicer look, I just plop it by the spoonful into circle shapes, with an indentation in the middle ... trying to make it look a little like a nest. We really don't care what it looks like, we just want to eat it. After it is baked and cooled, it is melt in your mouth numminess! I made some yesterday and will be making a second batch today. The kids love them ... hubby isn't sure what all the fuss is about.