Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Freebies

I don't know about you, but I do like to save money when I can. In addition to fitness and food, I've talked about frugality here and there on my blog (Fit&Frugal). You know I've hooked up my Fitbit to many of the reward sites (Reaping the Rewards), I love my local library and all it offers (Library Love) and I take advantage of the Free Zumba here locally! But sometimes ... the word "FREE" totally scares me away! If it's something that brings crowds and chaos, it is SO not worth it to me.

I'm sure many of  you are aware of the annual 7-11 promotion on July 11 (7-11) ... otherwise known as "Free Slurpee Day".  I know many families have hit their local 7-11 and happily walked away with free frozen delight. I tried it a couple years ago. Had loaded up the kids and made a trip in only to see the sign "sorry, out of free cups".  Of course I couldn't disappoint the kidlets, so my "free" slurpees cost me about $8 (they were only out of the small "free" cups, they still had plenty of the cups you pay for).

This past Thursday ... we didn't make a special trip out. We were out and about anyway, and I decided we'd risk stopping. I pulled up and took one glance at the crowd inside. Seriously, 50+ people, probably a 15 minute or so wait. I took the kids across the street to Chevron and let them each get a small Frazil, which they actually prefer ...

They really were happy with the Frazils ...
 They just give me that face for photos almost all the time!

So once again ... "Free Slurpees" were a fail for me.

IF you were interested, 7-11 is offering a week of free goodies. 
Whereas the free slurpee on 7-11 was available to anyone walking through the door, these other freebies do require you to download the 7-11 app and access the offers, and show that to the cashier. I've heard demand has caused the app to crash, and I'm not sure if it's been resolved. Again ... I've considered trying it. I do pass a 7-11 everyday after picking up #2 from the rec center. But I'm not sure if I want another app on my phone, sending me push notifications. I'm not sure if I want to struggle with it if there are difficulties. None of the free items are healthy in any way ... so I'm thinking I'll probably pass. Even if they are free. Are any of you going to try for it? Let me know how it goes!

Linking up with Nifty Thrify Things and The Thrifty Homemaker's Penny Pinching Party

What "free" promotions draw you in?


2 comments:

  1. Free stuff is always awesome! I had no idea you can actually attach your fitbit to things to earn free stuff, I'm on my way to check out your post on that next:)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I say my Fitbit has more than paid for itself! I've received cash payouts (Acheivemint and Pact) and then love the Fitstudio program (Kmart) as it gives me $5+ in store credit every week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...