Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend ShenaniGAINs

Happy Monday. I am actually one of those strange people who LIKE Mondays! I love the structure of routine and weekends really wreck the routine! They can be SO hard when you are trying to exercise and eat right.  Today, I thought I'd link up with Sami's Weekend Shenanigans as I had a not-so-nice THREE pound gain from Friday morning. I must have been sheneniganing ... or shenaniGAINing!

I do count Friday as part of the weekend ... my routine goes out the window. The middle school starts late, so we all sleep in a bit. The elementary gets out early, so that disrupts my afternoon.  Friday means friends for the boys. A bunch over at our house, and I did end up running #2 to go hang out with his basketball buddies. Hubby came home from work exhausted, so no date night ... which actually meant I stayed pretty much on target for the day for exercise and eating.

Saturday was birthday day for #1. 
He is now 18 years old! 
We had a family outing to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.
Ipods are great for keeping the kids entertained while we wait ...

Ipods are also great for reflecting light into poor  #2's eyes.

... and we took an entire 10" cheesecake home.
#1's request for his "birthday cake"

So .... Saturday was NOT great for eating/exercise. Sunday wasn't either. We had our usual big Sunday breakfast (Belgian waffles, bacon and hash browns) and then hubby made his fantastic steak/chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner. I made rolls but resisted eating any. And of course there was still cheesecake leftover for dessert. Now ... I don't really even like cheesecake. I don't regret the meals, but I do regret eating the cheesecake! (I did still get in a little exercise both days, as you can see here, not enough to combat all the calories though).

So ... I bumped up into the 160's again this morning. Three pounds up from Friday morning. No, I didn't eat in excess of 10,000 calories, even with my wicked weekend. I'm hoping with a few good days back under my belt this scale bump will go back down. I was just really NOT wanting to see the 6 as the middle number again!

And BIRTHDAYS are done for a while (it was #3 and #4's birthday just the week before, so LOTS of celebrating and cake lately ... my birthday is next, and it isn't until November).  Up next ... SPORTS will be monopolizing Saturdays (and weekdays too!) Basketball and soccer starting up soon.

How was YOUR weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to him!! We have three September birthdays within 14 days of each other. It sure makes for a lot of cake going on!

    That little bit of weight will come right back off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son! And how smart to request a cheesecake for his birthday cake :)

    Three pounds feels like a lot, but if it was from just a few days of higher than usual calories, it should come off fairly quickly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like routines, too. I think they are extremely helpful in a weight loss program. But it's also good to let your hair down every once in a while. Life would be a bore otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...