Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Review

Friday mornings, I sleep in a little (because the middle school boys have late start) and do my official weigh in for the week. This last one (Weekly Weigh-In #11) wasn't quite what I wanted ... and I'll admit, I did indulge in a Mint Chocolate Brownie a little later that day.  While I usually don't have a bunch of crazy plans over the weekend, it is just usually harder to get in good eating/exercise like I do during the week. But I was actually able to have a really good day on Friday (especially exercise-wise). 

Saturday was busy with back to back games. I had basketball with #4 at 10:00, and soccer for #5 at 11:00. I had #5 dressed and ready before I left, and arranged to have a friend pick him up for his game (Daddy was working). #4 had a great game (two baskets) and we rushed over to the soccer fields and made it there before the game started. #5 got in five goals!  Parking was horrendous though. We had to park pretty far away ... more steps on my pedometer.

It really was a lovely day out. I figured I should mow the lawn. Hubby has turned off the water and it really hasn't grown too much from the last time it was cut, but I love the look of everything even. I really enjoy mowing the law ... the smell of the fresh cut grass. And more steps on my pedometer. I pulled up all my poor petunias, which were fading fast, and cleaned up the flower bed. I brought out my pumpkins and autumnal decor. Much better. 

I did a little grocery shopping on Saturday too. I only got in three 20min sessions on the elliptical though. Only one hour of dedicated exercise ... but my non-aerobic steps topped 10k! I don't do that very often. I usually get in a lot of steps, but the majority of them are from dedicated exercise. I didn't quite hit my goal (22k steps, 3000 TDEE), I was close enough that I should have been motivated to do another workout, but ...

Sunday morning I was happy to see 155.0 on the scale. That's the lowest it's been in a while (January 8, 2012 to be exact, on my way up).  I'm determined to hang onto this. If that is my reading on Friday, I'll be happy (my MFP ticker showed 25 pounds lost).  I pulled out one of my favorite skirts. I haven't been able to fit into it in a while, but it fit fine today.  I'm on piano duty in the primary at church ...  just sitting for three hours is really hard on me! I don't like to just sit.

I got in 90minutes on the elliptical on Sunday ... more than on Saturday, but my total step count was lower. Just not a lot of non-aerobic steps on Sunday. A bit of a rest day, and ready to get back at it on Monday morning!

How was your weekend?
Do you have any non-exercise activities that keep you active?

1 comment:

  1. Your autumn decorations look great! I wish it felt like fall here in Florida. I miss having a real autumn!

    Great job fitting into that skirt! I can't wait for some of my clothes to fit again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...