Monday, August 12, 2013

Have You Ever ... (FMM)



Friend Making Monday is a weekly post on the blog AllTheWeigh ... a topic is thrown out (sometimes weight/fitness related, sometimes not) and bloggers answer on their own blogs, then post the link back to the original post (HERE) in the comments section. It's a great way to connect with other bloggers on their own journey, and maybe find some friends and more motivation. Today's topic is ...


Have You Ever?

1. Jumped out of an airplane?  No ... and I'm not planning on it. Ever.


2. Lived alone?  No.  I went from home, to college roommates, to marriage. 


3. Met a celebrity? A friend and I went to see Will Swenson and AudraMcDonald in a fundraiser production at Hale Theater a few years ago. Many consider Will a celebrity as he's starred on Broadway and such ... he's just Will to me (we went to high school together, in fact he took me to prom). I'd seen Audra in the series "Private Practice" and the "Annie" movie, so that was cool to meet her in real life. 



4. Said something to someone that you immediately regret saying? Of course, who hasn't? 


5. Had a manicure/pedicure? I never had until after I lost weight the first time (in 2006). It was part of the whole "new look" ... tanned up, hair lightened and manicure/pedicure. I DO love the pedicures and have gotten several through the years. Sometimes I bang up my toes too much (so the nails are shredded). I actually have my nails done now ... I am considering giving them up. It is a lot of cost and maintenance. 

6. Gotten a hickey? I really don't think so


7. Owned a pet that was not a dog or a cat? I've had hamsters, canaries, parakeets, hermit crabs and of course some goldfish.  No pets currently.


8. Been outside of your home country?  Just barely, across the border to Mexico.


9. Kissed your best friend? Yes I've kissed Hubby.

  
10. Eaten food that fell on the floor?  Considering the cleanliness of my kitchen floor that answer SHOULD be no, but ...


11. Met someone online? I've have a bunch of online pals from my scrapbooking years that I consider great friends. I've found online friends through fitness too (WalkerTracker and MFP). I've actually connected with a couple IRL, but most stay just online.


12. Been on TV? Nope.


13. Had braces?  Yes, but alas ... my twisted teeth returned after I stopped wearing my retainer way too early.


14. Gone skinny dipping?  No ... way too self conscious about being naked.


15. Been to the opera? No, not a fan.


16. Been caught making out by a policeman?  No, but we were apparently trespassing during a date. The driver (not my date) did get ticketed. 


17. Sung in public? I was a singer ... a plethora of performances during my high school and college years. Still some church singing after I was married, but it's been years now since I've sung.


18. Handed out candy on Halloween? Yes, hubby and I alternate door duty and accompanying the kids duty. 


19. Been snowed in? We're tough here in Utah, it takes a LOT of snow before things shut down. But there has been a time or two we did get hit that hard. 

  
20. Fallen in front of other people? A few times I'm sure ... the most memorable was during a performance, a play when I was the ONLY person on stage. The floor is slippery after the fog machine!


21. Cheated on a test? No ... I was an academic over-achiever.


22. Regretted saying “I love you” to someone? Yes.


23. Finished a meal in a restaurant and realized that you didn’t have your wallet? No. One group date the boys PRETENDED they had (they had actually made arrangements behind our backs) and put us girls on the spot (do we dine and dash? do we offer to wash dishes? do we call someone?)


24. Shot a gun? Some target shooting, but I don't really enjoy it. 


25. Heard a song that was written for (or about) you? I wrote some songs back in the day ... I guess they were about me (my life). 



Ok -- it's YOUR turn. Have YOU ever?

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMM. Number 23 is hilarious. I would have been so mad!! :) Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was NOT funny at the time ... but it's a funny memory! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Weirdly enough, just recently I've been starting to contemplate going skydiving. (maybe the healthy food is messing with my brain!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...