Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Work Out Wednesday


I've been on the lookout for link-ups lately. They have lead me to some fun post ideas and to other blogs (you can see my blog list to follow has been growing!) It's always inspiring to see what others are up to. So today, I'll share my workout as part of the Workout Wednesday link up. 

Here's my Fitbit burn so far ... you can see I had a SLOW start this morning (and most mornings of late). Ah summer, I have been sleeping in until around 8:00. That needs to stop. I mean it literally needs to, stop. School starts up soon and I have to drive a couple kids to middle school at 7:30, and then get a couple more off to elementary just after 8:00 (my high schooler is wonderful about getting up and off himself). I always want to get in one workout as soon as I'm up, so I have to start it by 7:00... but for now, it's summer.

I've jumped on the ELLIPTICAL twice (20min/2miles) so far today, and I plan on hitting it again at least three more times. That makes an even 100 minutes. I love the elliptical (see my "ode to the elliptical" post HERE), it's my workout of choice. I am in a bit of a rut with it though, I don't know how much it really pushes me. I have been doing this (100min most days) for several years now.

Also on the docket (as soon as I finish this post) is day 27 of the 30 Day Shred. That was actually on YESTERDAY's plan ... I put on my shoes and HRM and started the warm up when WHAM, shoulder tweak! What??? During the warm up? I'm warming up so I do NOT hurt myself.  It wasn't a super intense pain, but it did actually take my breath away. I could breathe, I just couldn't get in a deep, satisfying breath. I didn't get my 30DS in :(   ... I took some ibuprophen, applied some heat (or should it have been ice?) and rested a bit. I felt completely wiped out. And STARVING. I hadn't eaten too much to that point (a banana) but there was a fun sized Snickers sitting around and I grabbed it and snarfed it before I knew what I was doing. I can still feel a bit of a twinge there today, but I'm going to give it a try. I'm so close to the end.

If I have the time, I might try a 40min ride on the stationary bike too.  You can check in on my Daily Doings tomorrow to see what I actually got in for my Wednesday Workout or maybe I'll try to update this later tonight*Ü*   Enough sitting. Off to exercise ...


... and I updated!  It's 9:30 and I'm done for the day. I exceeded my exercise goal for Workout Wednesday. I got in SIX sessions on the elliptical. I did my 30DS and I did the bike. I kept my eating calories under control too. It was a good day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...