Thursday, August 15, 2013

Batteries ...

My hubby has a nickname for me ... 
The Energizer Bunny. 
I just keep going and going and going.

It's not always true ... I get worn down, just like everyone else. But I do really LIKE exercise now. I'm not sure if there are "exercise endorphins" that actually make me happy, that ironically give me MORE energy when I workout - or if it's all a placebo effect in my head. I do know, on a day I don't work out, I actually feel more run down than on the days I put in miles on my machines. I rarely take a rest day. It takes a lot for me to stop working (out) ...



Not so with my Omron pedometer ... this morning I went to put it on and saw the little flashing battery light. At least it did happen in the morning. It's so frustrating when it dies mid-day and I lose all my data! It is always a bit of a chore ... 10 minutes or so I hadn't planned on devoting to this task. Finding a small screwdriver (that usually takes at least 5 minutes on its own), finding a replacement battery (luckily I do have several on hand), and then resetting the stats on the device. The good news with THAT at least was I was able to put my weight in 20 pounds lower than it had been set at previously. 

My Fitbit has a rechargeable battery ... I just slip it on the charger while I take a shower. I don't need to do it every night, just every few nights and it stays ready to go. I've never had my Fitbit die on me. The little Fitbit Zip has a replaceable battery like the Omron ... I think I personally prefer the rechargeable one. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could just plug ourselves in for an hour or so and get completely recharged? Or simply replace our battery with a new one when we wore down?  I know many people take a rest day to recharge. Do you?  Personally ... I have a hard time taking a scheduled "rest" day. I always need to do a little something. I'm the Energizer Bunny ... and here I go!

1 comment:

  1. If i could plug in and re-charge I'd be SET! Love that the fitbit is re-chargeable! I was wondering WHEN I would find time to charge and shower time is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...