- Kids & Concussions - There has been a lot of focus lately on concussions. I know with all my kids sports I have to sign a sheet outlining the signs of a concussion. Here in Utah, after a head injury you have to get a doctor's ok before the child can return to play. This article takes it even further, saying even a return to mental activity (school) should perhaps be postponed.
- How Foodie Are You? This is a little Facebook quiz going around about 100 rare foods, to see how you stack up on what you've tried. As I'm uber picky, I figured I would probably get zero, but there were five I had tried. A rootbeer float is rare? I haven't had one in years and I don't really like them (I'll have the rootbeer and ice cream separately) but I have had one before ...
- How Old Is Your Health: Another quiz, answer a few questions to see how your "health" age compares to your actual age. The title link takes you to the article, direct link to the quiz can be found here (online calculator). I did come in under my actual age.
- Food That's Not Food: In the "clean eating" world, almost all processed food gets a bad rap, but even among the processed foods, there are some that perhaps don't deserve the label of "food" ...
- Trans Fats Ban: Trans fat has been so vilified that most products have stopped using it, but there are some still out there. If it's actually banned, I wonder what will be developed to replace it?
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Saturday Spotlight #5
... just a little shout out to a couple other bloggers with posts similar to this. I enjoy hearing what others have been reading about. Check out SuccessAlongTheWay and Strength&Sunshine for more reading recommendations. If you have a post sharing something you've read and think deserves a second chance in the spotlight, I love it if you linked up!