Friday, November 22, 2013

Weigh-In #19


I must admit, I'm disappointed. I've had ups before ... but they were always "deserved" or explainable. I think this is the first time I've had an "up" with really no idea why. I actually kept calories in check last weekend and the rest of the week was pretty normal. I had a deficit every day.  My total deficit for the week was 3778, so according to the numbers, I should have been down one pound, not up 1.6.   I was able to drop my intake a bit (average for the week was 2100) and average TDEE  was 2850.  I keep thinking my average is 3000+, but maybe I need to adjust me thinking. Although I do still get some days each week that are over 3000, it's been many weeks since I've been able to get my average that high.


We went for Chinese last night ... this was my fortune.
I'm going to forge ahead!


See how everyone else is doing with these Friday Link-ups.
Michelle at Mind, Body and Goal

Onto my song of the week.
Music is so important, to workouts, to life. I first heard this song on "The Voice" a couple weeks ago. Sung by A Great Big World, featuring Christina Aguilera I found it free from my library (Freegal) without Christina. It was not the same. I love the haunting harmonies in the duet. It's got a melancholy mood ... matches mine of late.


The station that inspired it: "Back That Azz Up" on Pandora Radio.
The purpose: To start our weekend with some fantastic jams.
The rules: Link your jams up and have a jam sesh with all of us!

7 comments:

  1. I think as women our bodies can go up and down at times 2-4 pounds on any given day and it has nothing to do with everything we are doing right. Looks like your doing awesome, keep focused and I'm sure you'll hit your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you say you were doing more weight work as well or am I wrong? that could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My weight workout on Monday was pretty normal, I have no idea why it made me SO stiff and sore. Other than that, I did Jillian's Ripped in 30 yesterday, so no more weight workouts than usual ...

      Delete
  3. I got that song on iTunes. It is GORGEOUS.

    What is your caloric take a day? Is it below 1200 calories? Are you drinking enough water? Watching your salt (chinese food is very high in sodium, so nix any leftovers.) Just trying to figure it out for you. But in the long run, if you know you are doing everything right, Trust the Process.™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go under 1200, I know I'm not eating too little (not eating the right stuff, that is definitely an issue!) I don't really track my drinking but I think I get enough. I do get a lot of salt, even without Chinese food, so I don't think this week was any different really for any of those. Really looking at the numbers, my activity IS down, not sure if that sluggishness is being reflected on the scale. I know there are still many areas I can improve.

      Delete
  4. I know when I have Chinese take out...my weight is ALWAYS up the next day due to water retention...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music and what ever motivates you to your desired goal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...