Friday, November 15, 2013

Weigh-In #18

Well ... I'm at exactly the same number I was for last Friday's weigh-in. 152.7. I'm actually ok with that. At the conclusion of last week's post, I listed the challenges I'd had that week, and that I would have no excuses this coming week. While I didn't have any of those particular challenges ...

It WAS my birthday (Sunday).
The weekend was a challenge.

We went out to dinner with my parents on Friday night. Texas Roadhouse. I DID limit myself to ONE roll. Saturday we went to a dinner theater and had pizza (cheesy bread basically, as we subbed alfredo for tomato sauce, and just cheese as a topping) and rootbeer. Sunday was my hubby's bbq (which actually even beats Texas Roadhouse! So yummy). Lots of eating, not much exercise.


I was up FIVE pounds by Monday morning. So I'm pretty pleased to at least be BACK to where I was. I had a great day Monday, not so good on Tuesday, then kicked back into gear for Wed/Thurs. As always, you can follow all the details of the days if you want (Day to Day Doings). 

Numbers ... not surprisingly, my weight average was up (154.8, same as two weeks ago). My average intake was 2414 (oops! only three "under 2000" days and my over days were o-ver) and TDEE average was 2943 (almost to my 3000 goal, I did have two 30K step days).  Total weekly deficit was 2148, so I didn't hit my goal of 3500 (500 daily deficit). 

And HUBBY has a birthday this coming week ....
Check in next week to see if I deal with it any better than I did my own!


I almost forgot my Friday Link-Ups!
Michelle at Mind, Body and Goal

...and I have to admit, I've seen the backthatazzup Friday linkup on several fellow bloggers Friday posts. I hadn't totally investigated what it was all about. It's about sharing a favorite song. Music is SO important, for life in general, and as a motivator for moving! An upbeat song can do wonders. As I was taking the boys to school today, "Chasing the Sun" by Sara Bareilles came on. It totally lifted my spirits on this grey and dreary day.  So I thought I'd try participate in this link up for the first time!

Chasing the Sun by Sara Bareilles on Grooveshark
Just press play
I need a little sun today.  It's one of my Top 10.


What's your current favorite song?







12 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You did great for a birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the learning how to (or should I say, 'accepting how to') live through holidays/events without overeating, or eating food we know we probably shouldn't. THAT is the challenge. But once you work through it, internally, the excess weight drops off for good.

    Be 100% perfect? Not gonna happen. But cave each and every time? That can't really happen if we want to truly get rid of the excess weight-all of it-and regain better health. A nibble here, a bite there, but not hog wild. At least, that's been my 62 year experience.

    But you've done well this week to recover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday :) it's difficult initially to manage holidays and special occasions without going off track but slowly you usually get the hang of things, its great that you managed to get your weight back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (late) Birthday:) I'm impressed with your weightloss success!!! I am beginning a little weightloss goal of my own, and always looking for inspiration through others to help keep me on track! According to your sidebar you have 18 pounds to go for your goal, *cheering you along* you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cheers. The first 15 came off quick and easy. I really had to fight for the next 10. I think these last pounds will be tough too, but if I can even lose five more I think I'll be in a pretty good place. My MFP ticker changed this morning to "only" 17 pounds to go!

      Delete
  5. I like Flo Rida's "Good Feeling" when I exercise. But there are so many to choose from! I also love "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield, and "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees, haha, has always been one of my workout favorites. Oh, I could go on and on. I <3 music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is SO much music. I'm so very beat driven, I love tons of songs, but when I'm jogging on the treadmill I need a specific beat (5mph). Other beats are good for faster intervals, or slower walking, or cleaning the kitchen. Then I'm always making videos (for the kids sports or family events) so I'm always on the lookout for "soundtrack" type music as well.

      Delete
  6. I'm curious how you are doing on the goal of 22,000 steps per day. My fit bit tells me when i've done 10K steps, and that's typically after a run and some errands. Do you hit that goal a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do quite well Mon-Thurs. Fri/Sat/Sun are harder as my regular routine is off, I don't usually hit it those days. But often I am actually higher on the weekdays, so I can still achieve it as an average overall. I do a monthly recap of my stats and include what my average step count was (usually with a graph visual) and I keep a daily journal (see my side bar for Day to Day doings) where I list what my Fitbit steps and burn was and what my exercise was to earn it. I am quite active, I am on the elliptical 100min most days, and often add some biking/jogging/walking too. And even when not exercising I'm still fairly active.

      Delete
  7. You do such a great job at keeping track and staying accountable! My favorite song right now is either Roar or Applause. Perfect for workouts!

    Thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Roar ... and LOVE hearing my boys sing to it when we are in the car. It's so funny to have them singing along (my older boys 12-18 like it, the younger ones do NOT like it). I thought it would be a good 5mph song for me to jog to, but it's a different speed (I'm quite driven by the exact beat, my footfalls have to match it exactly!)

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Great job for being a bday week too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...