Saturday, November 23, 2013

Interesting Articles from Fitness Mag and More

I've been trying to get through my magazines ... should I read the oldest first, or stick with the most recent and work my way back? I just renewed my subscription to Self and Shape (they had run out) when the munchkin was selling subscriptions for school and I just got my first issues this week. I wonder if I will ever catch up!

I did get through several magazines these past weeks, nothing really had enough oomph for me to include it here in my Saturday Spotlight until I picked up the June2013 issue of Fitness. It had a few good articles.

  • Take the Crazy Out of Busy ... brings up the "not a priority" statement that was also featured in a couple blogs last week (You're Not a Priority Right Now) and the article did have some good tips to consider.
  • Can You Be Fat But Fit? ... you can't judge a person's fitness by looks alone. This was a good article. I know as I browse the blogs of several girls who might be heavier than I am, but are probably more fit! You can be "fat" skinny too!
  • Home, Slim Home: Simple tips and tweaks to help you burn a few more calories around the house. One was to keep the thermostat turned down a bit ... I've had my house at 68° and my boys think that is too cool. 

I didn't have a lot of other items from across the bloggosphere, but if you like posts like this, check out ...
If YOU have a post like this (spotlighting links or articles) feel free to link up! Share your reading recommendations! I'd love to check them out.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! I'm commenting about the "Fat but Fit" article. Fitness and body weight are not the same things. I appear more "fit" right now because I lost some pounds by eating less. However, prior to losing those pounds, I did the same level of exercise at the gym, but it looked less impressive. Like slim v. heavier figure skaters, one just looks prettier regardless of the skill level. And I happen to have seen some very tough looking Helga's in my gym who lift less than half of what I lift!!! Most of the heavy weightlifters who are women in my gym are fairly pretty and don't look mean or tough. Fitness is often misjudged. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Jen! Have a happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...