Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Feeling It

Last Work-Out Wednesday, I posted my full body weight workout.  Sometimes, I do get that sore feeling the next day, other times I don't.  I actually enjoy a little stiffness. It's a reminder that I did put in a good workout. If I do NOT feel sore, sometimes I wonder "did I workout hard enough?"

I did my weight workout as usual on Monday, and yesterday... I could feel it. I actually posted on my MFP wall  "Just the perfect amount of soreness, enough that I know I did something, without it interfering in my day to day :)"   But as the day progressed, so did the soreness! By the end of the day, I was hobbling a bit.  Now I managed to work through it all yesterday (10miles on the elliptical, 3.5 miles on the treadmill and 10 miles on the stationary bike) but I am still feeling it this morning. I had some Jillian planned (Ripped in 30) but I'm not sure I'm up to that.  I do still plan on getting in my elliptical, but other than that, I might take it easy.

I've also been struggling a bit with some hip pain. I'm trying to remember how long it's been going on. I remember examining my hip a while back, looking for some visible bruising (wondering if maybe the hula hoop had caused some damage). It's just been a minor, nagging pain. But recently it's gotten a lot worse. It's my left hip, and it's really only a problem as I attempt to get out of the car after driving (it doesn't seem to happen when I'm a passenger). It's gotten so bad that at times it is taking me a full five minutes and grimaces of pain to make that move.  After a few steps, it seems to work itself out and it doesn't really impact my exercise at all ... but I do dread getting out of the car!

... add to that, I'm just in a bit of a funk. I was all weekend, although I did manage to stay on track and not fall into any emotional eating. It was actually a pretty good weekend as far as calories were concerned.  I've been keeping calories in check, I've been getting in my exercise. I have been hoping to see something on the scale to reflect ... but instead, it just inches up. Not by much, nothing like the five pound jump after last weekend, but still, it's a bit discouraging when I've had deficits every day. Weight this morning was 154.2 compared to the 152.7 from Friday. 

Don't worry ... I'm not obsessing over it, I'm not throwing in the towel. I'll keep plugging away. 

How does muscle soreness affect you?  
Linking Up with

9 comments:

  1. pain = inflammation = weight gain.

    Slow down a bit, sweetie. Let the body heal. :)

    :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but I've heard a lot about foam rolling, so I was thinking I should look into it :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you get your hip looked at - it can be dangerous to let it go. Like Gwen said, if it starts to hinder you, it can get inflamed and then start a cycle of weight gain because of inactivity, etc. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our insurance isn't good at the moment ($10K deductible) but hubby just changed jobs, so I'll need to check out our new insurance. The hip is something I would mention if I was in for my annual physical, but not enough that I would make a special appointment for ... I'm still hoping it magically stops hurting!

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with you on the part about liking a little bit of soreness. Just enough to remind you you did a good job.

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing to add, but that I think you are getting some great advice in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. little soreness is always good but sometimes we push our self too much and get injured, I have done that and then I have to rest for longer than I plan :(
    I hope your hip is alright soon and you take the break you deserve :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soreness is good. I feel about it the way you do. But pain is not good. I recently injured my ankle from overdoing my workout, and it's a bummer. Now I'm stuck in the therapy pool for who knows how long. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...