Yesterday I talked about outfitting the base of my body (my feet ... Shoe and Tell). Today, I thought I'd talk about what to wear at the tip top ...
I've seen the hats, caps and visors that many wear while exercising. I guess outdoors, they can keep the sun out of your eyes. They can soak up some of the sweat. Personally, I just think they look cute! On all of YOU that is! A hat/cap is something I love the look of, but was just never sure I could pull it off.
I'm a ponytail person ...that's how I wear my hair almost all day. If I go out, then I'll try wearing it down, but for working out, I like it up and out of the way. I also have bangs. I see all you with your cute headbands and such, but they just don't seem to work with bangs at all.
I wondered if maybe I could pull off wearing a cap. If it would work well with my ponytail and bangs. I saw an inexpensive one at the store and decided to pick it up. I wove my pony through the back, left my bangs squished down ... but I liked it. I thought I looked kind of cute in fact. Just a different look than my usual.
Enter the 8-year old. He stopped short, looked at me with a confused look on his face and asked "Why do YOU have a hat on?" Mind you, HE had a hat on while he asked this! From each of the additional four boys I received a second look and a quick comment. Nothing negative ... just surprise. I'd expressed a little exasperation as to why this was such an unusual thing, as one of my good friends who the kids know well always wore a hat (and always looks SO cute!). Women can wear hats! Then we heard Daddy pull up. My oldest son and I looked at each other expectantly and even made bets on what his reaction would be. Hubs walked in, looked at me, pulled out his phone to take a picture saying "this needs to go on the Facebooks." He then started calling me "hat lady" and did tease me a bit (it happened to be a breast cancer awareness hat, with the pink symbol on the front. He calls it my "save the ta-tas" hat). The brim does get in the way a little while trying to sneak a smooch.
Well ... I still think I like it! I'm counting it as an NSV too, as it really was quite the challenge for me. Can you believe something so simple as putting on a hat pushes me out of my comfort zone? I'm not sure if I'll wear it that often. I picked up a Nike dri-fit hat to try too. While my original hat doesn't leave horrid hat hair, the Nike one does! If I start the day wearing it, I'll be wearing it all day. I've worn it to Zumba a time or two (which poses a bit of a problem, as our classes are church related and start with prayer. Does a woman need to remove her hat for prayer?)
Are YOU a hat person?

Not so much hats as Fleurtybands:) You should try one;)
ReplyDeleteHave you had anyone with bangs try them? It seems the only way I see anyone wear the bands they either don't have bangs or they push the bangs back and bare the forehead. I just took weird if you can see my forehead!
DeleteNO. Hate hats.But wear them in the sun. Too old/fair not to.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely not a hat person... at least not in the summer. In the winter, I ADORE beanies because they let me be lazy with my hair :)
ReplyDeleteah beanies ... that's something I have yet to try. Like caps, I think they look so cute, but again, not sure it's something I can pull off. They do seem a bit more for the younger, cute, hip crowd (like you) ...
DeleteI'm not a hat person, but you look cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm not too much of a hat person except when its sunny lol! This one looks cute on you!
ReplyDeleteI need to try a visor, see how different it is from my cap (if hat hair would be better or worse!)
ReplyDeleteI've never been a hat person...but it keeps my hair under control...otherwise it seems to slip free and go crazy!!! It helps with the sweat....and the sun too! ha ha ha
ReplyDelete