Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hats and Hair

Yesterday I talked about outfitting the base of my body (my feet ... Shoe and Tell). Today, I thought I'd talk about what to wear at the tip top ...

I've seen the hats, caps and visors that many wear while exercising. I guess outdoors, they can keep the sun out of your eyes. They can soak up some of the sweat. Personally, I just think they look cute! On all of YOU that is! A hat/cap is something I love the look of, but was just never sure I could pull it off.

I'm a ponytail person ...that's how I wear my hair almost all day. If I go out, then I'll try wearing it down, but for working out, I like it up and out of the way. I also have bangs. I see all you with your cute headbands and such, but they just don't seem to work with bangs at all.

I wondered if maybe I could pull off wearing a cap. If it would work well with my ponytail and bangs. I saw an inexpensive one at the store and decided to pick it up. I wove my pony through the back, left my bangs squished down ... but I liked it. I thought I looked kind of cute in fact. Just a different look than my usual. 

Enter the 8-year old. He stopped short, looked at me with a confused look on his face and asked "Why do YOU have a hat on?"   Mind you, HE had a hat on while he asked this! From each of the additional four boys I received a second look and a quick comment. Nothing negative ... just surprise. I'd expressed a little exasperation as to why this was such an unusual thing, as one of my good friends who the kids know well always wore a hat (and always looks SO cute!).  Women can wear hats! Then we heard Daddy pull up. My oldest son and I looked at each other expectantly and even made bets on what his reaction would be.  Hubs walked in, looked at me, pulled out his phone to take a picture saying "this needs to go on the Facebooks." He then started calling me "hat lady" and did tease me a bit (it happened to be a breast cancer awareness hat, with the pink symbol on the front. He calls it my "save the ta-tas" hat). The brim does get in the way a little while trying to sneak a smooch.

Well ... I still think I like it! I'm counting it as an NSV too, as it really was quite the challenge for me. Can you believe something so simple as putting on a hat pushes me out of my comfort zone? I'm not sure if I'll wear it that often. I picked up a Nike dri-fit hat to try too. While my original hat doesn't leave horrid hat hair, the Nike one does! If I start the day wearing it, I'll be wearing it all day. I've worn it to Zumba a time or two (which poses a bit of a problem, as our classes are church related and start with prayer. Does a woman need to remove her hat for prayer?)

Are YOU a hat person?




10 comments:

  1. The hat looks really cute! I never hardly wear hats, but I do like visors. Keeps the sun out of my eyes and catches the sweat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try a visor, see how different it is from my cap (if hat hair would be better or worse!)

      Delete
  2. Not so much hats as Fleurtybands:) You should try one;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had anyone with bangs try them? It seems the only way I see anyone wear the bands they either don't have bangs or they push the bangs back and bare the forehead. I just took weird if you can see my forehead!

      Delete
  3. NO. Hate hats.But wear them in the sun. Too old/fair not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely not a hat person... at least not in the summer. In the winter, I ADORE beanies because they let me be lazy with my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah beanies ... that's something I have yet to try. Like caps, I think they look so cute, but again, not sure it's something I can pull off. They do seem a bit more for the younger, cute, hip crowd (like you) ...

      Delete
  5. I'm not a hat person, but you look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not too much of a hat person except when its sunny lol! This one looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a hat person...but it keeps my hair under control...otherwise it seems to slip free and go crazy!!! It helps with the sweat....and the sun too! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...