Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Fuzzy Feet

What I'm Wearing Wednesday ... 
Slippers (well, that's every day!)


I few weeks ago, I mentioned my loathing for shoes (Shoe and Tell). I just do NOT care for shoes and can't keep them on my feet for long. I wear them when necessary for workouts ... but not all workouts require shoes. At least I don't think so. My elliptical and my stationary bike for example. I wear slippers!

Slippers are so much more forgiving for my feet. They allow me a little more leeway, they aren't as tight and constricting. They aren't as heavy. And as their name suggests ... you can SLIP them on. No more of this putting on socks, bending over, forcing the feet in and tying laces. They are on, they are off. Easy peesy lemon squeesy! As I am jumping on/off my elliptical multiple times a day, this does actually make a big difference for me.

Even though there isn't a lot of impact on the elliptical, I do eventually wear my slippers out. You can see the sad shape of my slippers in the picture above. Poor little slippers. Behind my busted, broken pair of slippers, you can see my replacements.

I had stopped at Sears the other day. We have one close by and I had some "ShopYourWayReward" points I'd earned through my exercise (FitStudio) that were going to expire. Use them or lose them. The last of the winter clearance was ... on clearance, so I picked up some new slippers. Just in time!

I will sometimes take an insert and slip it into my slippers, just to give a little extra cushioning (and a little extra wear ... that's how I dealt with the busted bottom in my poor brown fuzzy slippers for as long as I did). 

So I'm stocked for slippers ... I'm mainly wearing the pink fuzzy ones on my elliptical, the white ones are back up for them. The blue ones, being a bit smaller and streamlined, work better for the stationary bike, as the foot straps are quite narrow.  I look SO cute, I'm sure, ellipticalling away in my pink fuzzy slippers. That is just one more benefit for my home gym ... no one sees me!

Slippers sure cost a heck of a lot less than running shoes too! That's for sure!
Anyone else out there wear slippers for exercise? Just me?


5 comments:

  1. Nope, I have never worn slippers for a workout! But I won't even do yoga or crunches without shoes on. I am the opposite of you and really can't stand bare feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I love your footware choice! Whatever works for you :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know - my MIL was buying me slippers every holiday season. It was sweet but at some point I had more slippers than I could shake a feather at. And now that I can better appreciate having a pair in every room of the house - I can't locate not a ONE pair! Because you see, like you, I wear them out too. Now not from the elliptical but just walking in and around the house. Quiet as it's kept - sometimes I wear them to the mailbox to check the mail. Ha! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. No because I don't have a non-impact exercise machine at home but if I did, I might exercise in slippers. As long as it is a non impact machine, you probably would be fine working out in slippers. Visiting from the #wowlinkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im like you can't stand shoes. I wear them as necessity not because I like them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...