Friday, May 30, 2014

WWI#46 and a Peek In the Gym Bags

So I had a really good Friday last week ... double Zumba, controlled calories. Saturday morning I'd dropped a bit more, closer to the "under 150" where I want to be. But then ... #1 son went and got donuts. And I ate a donut. In the evening, hubby asked if I'd like to go out to dinner. I hadn't planned on it, hadn't "banked my calories" if you will, but we hadn't gone on a date in a bit so I sure didn't want to say no, and I was hungry. When the scale jumped the next morning, I really wasn't surprised. Again, not surprised when it inched up again for Monday morning.

Even though Monday was a holiday (Memorial Day) and that can throw off my routine ... it was a great day. Lots of exercise and kept eating in check. Tuesday was good too. While Wednesday and Thursday were "good" (I did get to goal), I was feeling a little unmotivated those days. They weren't as good as they could have been. You can see more details on my Day to Day Doings. I keep all my numbers and a daily journal entry there.

NUMBERS: Up 1.3 from last week. Average up .1. The high for the week was HIGH ... 155.4. The low was 150.9, so a shift of 4.5 pounds throughout the week. I had a couple bad days, the rest were good. I was able to get a weekly deficit of 2724. Calories in averaged 2236. Average burn was up slightly to 2909. 

Diane, at Fit To The Finish had an interesting blog post yesterday, about Setting a Line in the Sand. I posted a bit ago about some of my "lines" (My Milestones) those numbers that have particular meaning. I've been stuck just over the 150 pound mark (one milestone) but staying under the next couple "numbers" (153.3 and 155). I was disappointed this week to blip above 155 (and was able to correct that pretty quick) and I have been keeping my Friday weigh-ins under the 153.3. I'm keeping an eye on my "lines" ...

I'm linking up with Fitness Friday with Jill and Aubrey,  and a late Weigh-In Wednesday


Now onto the FUN stuff ...  
Five for Friday!

I'm always a little late getting my Friday post up. I can't really prep my post the night before, as I don't have all my "numbers" in yet. I've also got into the habit of checking in on the DC Bloggers, who often have a "theme" for their Friday Five. Today, it's "Five Things In My Gym Bag" ... so, linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia and then also jumping onto the other Friday Five linkups out there. Five on Friday at The Good Life, Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In.


Now I am a homebody. I've got everything I need right downstairs (J&GsGym). So I don't really have a gym bag, as "going to the gym" for me is simply walking down to our basement. Occasionally, I would hit the indoor track while the boys played basketball and I'd have a small bag for those trips. I have been heading out to Zumba this year, but my classes are close, so I'm ready as I leave the house, not needing to take anything extra. Today (and last week) ... I traveled a bit further, and went after dropping the kids off at school. There would be a lag time of about 30minutes from when I left the house to when I started my workout. That's TOO much time to have shoes and a HRM on! So this picture is MY five things I needed ... shoes, socks, and the three pieces to my heart rate monitor. I'd be in trouble if I got to Zumba and was missing any one of these five items.

The boys are finishing up school this week, and they cleared out lockers yesterday. My son wanted his gymbag for after school (hanging out playing basketball with his buddies) but had no place to put it. I told him to leave it in the car, and I'd meet him after school. BIG MISTAKE! His bag SMELLS so bad! I had to take it out of the car. I went ahead and checked what was in his gym bag ...

His basketball shoes (I bought him some of those sneaker balls to help combat the smell but they just aren't strong enough I guess), an extra shirt, some deodorant, a charger for his iphone and a snack.

I figured I'd check out the 13-year old's gymbag too ... shoes, a basketball, a water bottle, a sweat towel, some first aid supplies (band-aids, wrap, kneenex for bloody noses) ... he had a few of his jerseys in there too.

What are five things YOU have in your gym bag?

13 comments:

  1. 1: Shirt
    2: Lock for the locker
    3: Pair of running shoes if I rode my bicycle to the gym
    4: Deodorant
    5: Pair of shorts/pants

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. KT tape
    2. Shoes (they change according to my activity)
    3. Hair bands
    4. Brush
    5. Hat and workout clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use a gym bag. I workout at home so I rarely if ever need a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do a lot of the same link ups! :) I love that there are so many to join on Fridays. My gym bag is really boring. Usually, shoes, hair ties, headband, and deodorant. I live close too, so no need to take a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son's lax bag stinks so badly no way that's getting near my stuff! #FridayFive Deborah @ Confessions of A Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son seems to go through phases, sometimes his stuff is SO stinky, other times it isn't that bad. But just having his bag in the car for an hour, in the enclosed, hot space ... oooooh, it was SO bad!

      Delete
  6. LOL that you had to take the bag out of the car :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even bring it in the house but left it outside to air out!

      Delete
  7. Hi doll! I'm uber impressed that you weigh every day. That is hardcore!

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if my weighing everyday is hardcore ... or simply OCD *Ü* It is really interesting to see just how much the weight can fluctuate from day to day, sometimes expected and explainable, sometimes not. But weighing everyday you just have to learn to take the numbers with a grain of salt and look at the big picture ... :)

      Thanks for hosting the linkup & for checking in!

      Delete
  8. You're inspiring me to try Zumba! They have it at my gym in the evenings, right around the kids' bedtime. Maybe I can get there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're inspiring me to try Zumba! They have it at my gym in the evenings, right around the kids' bedtime. Maybe I can get there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great !!
    I am sure these top rated gym bags will carry all you need to carry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...