Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Shoe and Tell

Shoes ... I hate them. I really do. Looking at the picture above, and seeing several pairs of sneakers one might think I like shoes, as I have so many. But it's not true. They are a necessary evil for running, or other workouts. Having a home gym, I can actually get away with wearing slippers for my elliptical and stationary bike. I ONLY wear sneakers during a workout. If I'm jogging at the gym, I'll often bring my sneakers with me and put them on right before I run, taking them off the moment I'm done. My boys do this with their basketball shoes ... they do it because they want to protect the shoes, not wearing them outside on the street. I do it so my poor little feet can breathe! There are many reasons why I will never run a marathon ... but one reason is because I can't keep shoes on my feet for over an hour. Any race I run will have to be completed in 60 minutes or less!

I admit ... I'm cheap. I've only purchased shoes from the discount big box stores (and still went with the cheap ones there). I keep reading recommendations to go to a running store to be fitted. To have my gait examined. I am thinking about it. I say to myself "but I'm not a runner" so I don't know if I should invest in expensive shoes. Bad shoe experiences COULD be one of the reasons I dislike running though. I'm just so afraid I'll go through the time and expense of trying a "good" pair of running shoes and still hate them, still dislike running. I guess I won't know until I try.

In the picture above, the blueish pair of shoes are the ones I hate the least. They are Reebok running. Quite lightweight. I actually don't know the exact style or where I picked them up. I couldn't buy them again if I wanted to. The white Sacouny shoes are also "running" shoes. I had other Sacouny shoes I liked fine in the past, but these ones never felt great. I'll wear them for my one mile run and I'm ready to take them off. Next to them ... are some Skecher Shape Ups. Remember those? Supposed to tighten and tone just by walking. I had actually picked them up after hearing people rave about them simply being comfortable. I did not find that to be the case, but I have found I like wearing them for my weight workouts. Still ... it's an hour, and then they are off.

When I'm not working out, but going out (and must wear something on my feet) ... these are my standby shoes. My plastic sandals for summer, slip on boots for winter. I do have some other shoes (different colored sandals, boots, a dress shoe or two. No heels really, just not that type of gal).  I do have some slippers I wear here and there (and on the elliptical and bike).  But at home, it's bare feet all the way! I only wear socks if I'm wearing sneakers.

It's time to head out to Zumba ...
 I guess I need to put on some shoes.

Linking up with Wednesday Wonderfulz, which is focusing on running. My shoe topic does fit in with that theme. I'd be interested to hear if any runner ever hated shoes too! I'll have to check out all those who link up and see what shoes are mentioned as favorites.  Also linking up with Workout Wednesday ... and there was a fun little shout out to ME on the blog today! Thanks!



13 comments:

  1. I hate shoes too!!! Can't wait to kick them off when I get home. And I haven't worn heels in YEARS. Life is too short to wear heels. LOL

    I DO dance barefoot, but on a nice thick rug. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you said you didn't like shoes ... I immediately wondered if you danced barefoot or not. I tried Zumba at home barefoot, on the mat, but I do think I need the support of a shoe for that.

      Delete
  2. I'm not really much of a shoe person either, when it comes to anything but running shoes. Sure I love a cute pair or heels just like the next girl, but I'm not going to be found going out of my way to buy a different pair for each outfit. One cute pair works fine for me, LOL (I say that and if my sister saw it she would cringe:) When it comes to running shoes, yeah I guess you could call me a shoe person as I am quite picky on what goes on my feet. I find it's necessary to spent $$$ a pair. Which I hate the price, but at the same time when I am putting in the higher mileage its required. Granted, I wish I could find quality with a smaller price tag, oh how I do!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I totally hate shoes...I am not one of those gals who is drooling over shoes all the time or in shoe stores or on line shopping for them...Really simple, good running shoes, some great flip flops {okay I have a thing for Havaianas and many pairs} and my Toms {the burlap ones} if I have any heels they are in the closet collecting dust and really never see the light of day...Shoes are over rated and give me a headache, just like makeup LOL Thanks for sharing on #wednesdaywonderfulz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am barefoot whenever I have the chance. That said, I'm a weird breed because I actually like shoes. ha ha ha.

    Sneakers...I only wear my running shoes to run. I only wear my zumba shoes to zumba...I only wear my ....bike shoes to bike (ok, thats a given as they are for the clipless pedals and can't be worn anywhere else). Zumba feels better without heavy traction.....running needs different support...and if I only wear them for those activities, they last longer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing some research on Zumba shoes to perhaps invest in a pair as I am doing that regularly now ...

      Delete
  5. Oh I love shoes, mainly running shoes! But I do have some high heels that I also love although I don't wear them much. But for the most part I love to be barefooted. probably because I spend the majority of my time in my army boots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I checked out your blog! I don't think I'd last in the army at all. I'm still trying to master a few pushups. I'm a wimp! Anything probably feels light and free after army boots! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! :)

      Delete
  6. I do not know of anyone who hates shoes. LOL. You are funny. And I do have a bunch of running shoes but that is because I switch them out every 3 to 4 months. I had to shout you OUT at Workout Wednesday because I truly enjoy your blog and want others to learn about it and enjoy it too. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read a couple of the other comments, it appears I am not alone in my shoe dislike! *Ü* I do keep several pairs, as if I need to wear shoes more than once in a day I need to switch out that day, I can't wear the same pair twice in one day! At least different shoes might rub in different places. Thanks again for the shoutout :)

      Delete
  7. I definitely love shoes and I have a running shoe addiction! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shoes too. You remind me of my nephew, in the house, his shoes are off. I never spend a lot of money on shoes after my clients told me about their trip to Taiwan.Taiwan make a lot of the brand name shoes and my clients bought them for $10. After that, I always buy my shoes on sale. Visiting from the #wowlinkup.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...