Press play and let me tell you a little bit about them.
- Move A Little Faster: The song lyrics state "You're too slow boy, if you want to keep up you gotta move a little faster!" It just makes me feel sassy, I'm wagging my finger in my mind ... and it makes ME go a little faster!
- Calling All Friends: This has been a favorite for years and years now. A perfect beat for my jog. With blogging, this song has evolved a bit of a new meaning for me. All the new friends I've "met" and "people I don't even know" ... on the way down (down to a lower weight). It address feeling alone, yet offers hope. I love it!
- Maybe: Don't let the band name (Sick Puppies) turn you off. This is a wonderful song. "Maybe it's time to change...to reach for something more, to want to live a better life" ...I don't know where I first heard this song, but I'm glad I discovered it.
- Breathe: I'd heard this song on the radio and felt under the deceptive slowness, it had a good beat. I was right! The first time it came across my playlist while I was jogging ... wow! "Breathe, just breathe" I kept breathing, and I kept running.
- Chasing the Sun: I like a lot of Sara Bareilles songs ... I LOVE this one. "Remember, that life is not meant to be wasted, we can always be chasing the sun." It also says "fill up your lungs and just RUN." That line just kills me! Makes me want to run... and live. Love, love, love this song! "All we can do is try. And live like we're still alive." Maybe an all-time favorite ... and it just happens to be perfect for jogging too!
Friday Five Link-Ups ...