Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Like Link-Ups

I've kept a family blog for a few years now ... I'm not sure how many people (family included!) actually get around to reading the posts, but that's okay. The blog is mainly for ME. It's my way of documenting what goes on, and it's a great reference (I'll look up recipes, or figure out when something happened by going through past posts). It's our online photo album and journal.  When I started this blog a few months ago, again ... it was mainly for me. But that being said, it IS nice to have readers, to get comments and compliments. I have been trying to be active in the blogging community. A fellow blogger recently posted some ways to increase readership on your blog (Affection for Fitness) and there were many good ideas. One idea not included there, was participating in Link-Ups. These are often weekly posts with a specific theme. You are able to add your link and you are encouraged to check out others who are participating. I've found many great blog posts through link-ups, and I know I owe much of my traffic to references from these sites. So if you haven't linked-up before ... give it a try! Here's a list of the link-ups that I participate in regularly.

If these link-ups appear to be no longer accepting entries, check to see if there is a more recent one posted. All of the linkups I shared update weekly and usually have a "live" linkup going on.

Link-Ups can give you a little "writing assignment" post, as you try to match the theme of the link up. Sometimes it's a post you might not have written otherwise. The Link-Up can lead you to posts and blogs you might have missed, and introduce new readers to your blog. It's a great way of interacting with the fitness-blogger community.

I keep a list of the link-ups I participate in featured in my sidebar, and I also try to link back to the original webpage in my post (although sometimes I'm linking up an older post). Today ... I'll link this up with Tips and Tricks Tuesday (I already featured the button in the image up top).

(Another blogger posted about her love of Link-Ups with her own list, which has a few different than mine, if you want to check it out at Grab Your Kicks.) 

I've even started my own link up. During the week, I keep a unpublished post in progress, where I copy down the links and my thoughts on articles, blog posts, magazines ... anything that impacted me. Things I think others might enjoy. Then on Saturday, I finish it up and press publish.  It keeps me motivated to read (I've got a stack of magazines) and gives me something to reference if I want to find a certain article or blog post again in the future.  I've seen many others also sharing links and reading references on their blogs. I hope you'll come link up over the weekend (last week's Saturday Spotlight is still accepting).  If anyone was interested in co-hosting the linkup, I'd be open to that too *Ü*


Do you participate in Link-Ups?

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for a new link up, Jen! I'll be sure to check through and see if I have anything that fits and link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link ups are a great way of networking, and getting your blog out there. I try to do them regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting those! I am trying to get more comments on my page, and sometimes I don't know what to write about, and other times I have so many ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Workout Wednesday seems to get a lot of traffic. I do seem to have plenty of my own ideas, but sometimes it's nice to stretch a little and write to a specific theme not necessarily of your choosing :)

      Delete
  4. I love link-ups, too, but they all seem to be closed right now. :( Oh, well, I guess I should have gotten in on them sooner.

    Yeah, I started my blog as a way to help myself and others. I think it's helping me the most, though! That's OK. I've only been blogging for less than three months. Perhaps my readership will grow with time, but even if it doesn't, I feel like I'm doing something really positive, and that's what counts, right? I appreciate the readers I do have -- they are very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mon-Wed Link-Ups are all active ... I'll run mine from Saturday to Saturday. I'll try to have the old one accept new links until the new one opens. Double check the date ... I tried to link to the most recent link-up, but as time passes, you'd want to go to the main web address to check and see if there is a newer one available.

      I've only been blogging here about three months too!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these - I will have to check them out. I workout almost every day - just finished 10 weeks of T25 and now on to another challenge the last week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...