Friday, October 25, 2013

Weigh-In #15 ... Been Baking




As I set my goals for the month, they are mainly fitness related.  A certain number of steps or calories burned, so many minutes of activity ... I do pretty well achieving my activity goals.

There's fitness ... then there's food. This wasn't a great food week. I actually didn't go extremely over on any day, but I didn't have ONE day under 2000 calories (my poor little "Streaks" calendar for calories is awfully bare this week). Being quite active, technically I can consume higher, but 2000 does seem like a totally reasonable number. All the "Percent Daily Values" on food labels are "based on a 2,000 calorie diet" and I know that so many women manage to keep themselves at 1200-1600. I often think to myself "HOW do they do that?" but I know ... I know if I ate better, fewer empty calories (or none at all ... but who am I kidding? I'm not there yet) that it wouldn't add up so quickly. 

It was a baking week though ...





Carb overload I know. I really enjoy baking though. I like seeing things come together. The smiles on the faces of the kids and their friends. The moans of delight and the rave reviews. I just don't get the same feedback from making dinner (ok, sometimes they are pretty happy with actual meals too, but it's usually just downing dinner and off again, leaving me with nothing but dirty dishes). As the cooler weather of Fall has hit, I've just been in a baking mood ... there are a ton of other things I want to make too, and it's all on the sugar side of things. Unfortunately, I'm not one who can bake but not bite. While there are many dinners I make but don't eat, I really like eating this stuff too.

 ... here was my attempt at a healthy breakfast on Monday.
Overflowing Oatmeal ... Oops

So, goal for next week ... keep a couple of days at least down to a 2000 calorie day.
Does that mean no more baking?

So actual numbers ... UP .3 from last week, although my average is .1 down (155.4).  MFP ticker at 26 (same for WI #12, #13, #14).  Average intake was 2443 (ouch!) and average energy expenditure was 2827. Although I didn't go over calories any day of the week, I also didn't maintain my 500 daily deficit. My total deficit for the week was just 2687 ... not enough for a loss.

Linking up with Coffecake and Cardio's How'd I do Friday.
I need to do better. 

Other Friday Linkups I Like
Michelle at Mind, Body and Goal


9 comments:

  1. The baked goods look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of baking. I'm not a baker but my daughter is. It drives me crazy when my oatmeal overflows. It makes such a huge mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am jealous. I can't even eat 1800 calories of healthy food without gaining weight. I eat carbs, but mostly ones like oatmeal and stuff like that. I wish I could eat 2000 calories a day. I don't know why my body won't let me, even when I workout a lot. I have a terrible metabolism I guess. 1200 calories isn't much food. I usually eat around 1600 on a good day. Today I probably had around 1800.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I read an article a bit ago that said if you ever had been bigger, once you lose weight it IS harder than for someone who hasn't gained as much in the first place. So many people say "a calorie is a calorie" but I do think some people burn them differently, it's not exact numbers. I am so glad that I still have been able to have some success with my eating. I know I could see better/faster results if I could just control calories and eat better foods. I'm over again today (date night with hubby, so for a good cause).

      Delete
  4. You are going to town with all the baking. Now you made me hungry *logging off to find something in the pantry*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been baking. cinnamon scrolls, yummo. Must find a paleo version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...! Those rolls do look delish! :) Just came across your blog and your journey is an inspiration! :) Much Love!
    Dee
    www.gypsyveganmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard recently that calorie counting is out :) You look great and I am jealous of your baked goods! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...