- Two blogs I follow discussed "Cheat Days" this past week. Do you cheat? Here are the links to the blog posts... Fit to the Finish & Sky n Surf
- In my local newspaper, there was an article How I Lost One Jean Size in Less than 24 Hours Without Working Out or Dieting ... no, it's not an ad for the latest miracle pill, just a humorous look at vanity sizing.
- If you haven't read (or even if you have) Michael Pollan's books (Omnivore's Dilemma, In Defense of Food) there is a quick overview of the highlights by Ella on her Nutritionella blog.
- Hailey's Helpful Hints gives an overview of the different Tummy Types and top tips on taming them. What kind of belly bulge are you struggling with?
- Strength and Sunshine gathered all the different Plank Variations on her blog. I also stumbled upon another good article How To Do The Perfect Plank with some good fixes for common plank problems.
- A Fluffy Girl asks "Where There Fluffy Women At?" and it's something to think about.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Interesting Articles and Creative Costumes (SS#4)
... I got through several magazines this week (Self July2011, Health Nov2012 & March 2013, Fitness Feb2013, March2013 & April 2013, Women's Health Nov2012 & Nov2013). I enjoyed browsing them all, but nothing made enough of an impact to be included here. I did find some online stuff I thought I'd share:
With Halloween approaching, I thought I'd share this article about Alternatives to Halloween Candy. Just an option if you didn't want to bring candy into your house, or encourage the eating of it elsewhere. There were some ideas that I think kids would really like.
Another inspiring article from our local paper.
If you have a post highlighting interesting articles, favorite blog posts, reading recommendations, or anything you think deserves a second chance in the spotlight, feel free to link up!