Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day by Day (October2013)


This will be a post in progress ... updated daily. I include (1) Type of Day: Bad, OK, Pretty Good or Good ... this is based on eating/exercise only! Often GREAT days with the family turn into BAD days here. Doesn't mean it was really a bad day, just not good for exercise or eating *Ü* (2) Weight (3) Steps & Total Burn (from Fitbit) ... Omron included if it exceeds Fitbit or shows a big difference (4) Calories in (food) and Calories out (Fitbit credit on MFP, set at sedentary - so it is EVERYTHING above the most basic BMR. Exercise + other everyday activity) (5) Exercise list (6) Summary of the day. In this monthly post, entries will be listed in chronological order, on my Day to Day Doings (in the sidebar) you'll find the most recent days at the top.

1001 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 156.5. Fitbit Steps 26390. Total Burn 3240. Calories in 1700. Calories out 1508. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 3.5miles/44minTreadmill, Ripped Level 1. Kept calories fairly in check, had some of my chicken/veggie soup (I kept forgetting I still had that). Trying Ripped in 30, although I don't know that I'll be doing it five days a week. Had to drive to a new school to pick up the boys from basketball ... I don't like driving new places or driving in the dark!

1002 (Wednesday) OK Day. Weight 156.3. Fitbit Steps 18519. Total Burn 2673. Calories in 1150. Calories out 941. Exercise: 60minElliptical and Ripped Level 1 (cut short). Dropped the kidlets at school and stopped to gas up the car as we were almost on empty. Grabbed a few groceries too. Some blogging and computer stuff and a couple of workouts. Almost through RippedIn30 when I get a call from the school that #5 has fallen and hurt his wrist. I went and grabbed him and he did seem to be hurting. He's my only unbroken boy! I got him settled, back to pick up the rest of the carpool when school got out. Then to parent/teacher conferences for #2 and #3. Then dropped #2 at basketball practice. I decided to take #5 in for an x-ray, just to err on the side of caution. It's not broken, so that is good. We did decide to sit out soccer though. I took #3 to basketball, they lost but I thought they did ok against the much bigger/older team.

1003 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 155.6. Fitbit Steps 23395. Total Burn 2974. Calories in 1650. Calories out 1246. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 25min/2miles Treadmill. Got the kids off to school and got my cardio in. Feeling some muscle soreness, maybe from Ripped, so I decided to take the day off of it. Got a call mid-day from the Instacare, saying that baby boy's wrist WAS broken and he needed to come back asap. I arranged for another mom to grab the other carpool kid and went to the school to check out #5, and just grabbed #4 too as it was almost end of day. I dropped #4 home (big brothers had just arrived) and headed out with #5. He got a cast ... orange, as he'll have it on all of October and it seemed to fit the season. I made it home just in time to head out to #2's basketball game, which was clear across town. Silly really, as we were playing the other school team from our area. A shame this game couldn't have been scheduled at a school close to home. Our boys couldn't quite pull out the win, lost by 4. Back home just in time to run #3 to basketball practice. #5 was also not doing well, his arm hurting and maybe coming down with something, as he seemed to have a fever and bad sore throat. Poor pumpkin. I finally got him settled. I was so tired (#3 had come in last night around 2:00, and although I was able to get him back to bed pretty quick, I hadn't been able to get back to sleep for a long while). I wasn't anticipating a good night with #5 either, and I had to pick up #3 at 10:00 when his practice ended. Luckily ... baby boy slept the entire night, so I did too! I did actually hit goals today (well, a tiny bit under on calories burned but close enough) and also was SO busy I really didn't have time to eat much (had a protein bar for dinner at the basketball game) so still had my deficit.

1004 (Friday) Good Day. Weight 154.5. Fitbit Steps 26920. Total Burn 3131. Calories in 1900. Calories out 1409. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 45min/3.75Track. The middle school boys didn't have school today, I dropped them both at friends. I stopped and filled out paperwork and got fingerprinted ... a requirement to help out at the kid's school. I didn't feel like I could start a workout, as I was expecting kids to call needing rides at any time ... but both boys stayed at friend's until very late (I wish I had know that ahead of time). #4 had basketball practice at the gym with a track above, so I got in 3+ miles there during the 45minutes.

1005 (Saturday) Bad Day. Weight 154.3. Fitbit Steps 15563. Total Burn 2562. Calories in 2900. Calories out 841. Exercise: 60minElliptical. #4 had a basketball game at 10:00 (see highlights here, he's #7 and got 6 points). #5's team had a soccer game at 11:00, but alas, broken wrist. We might try to play next week (the Dr. said that would be ok). As we weren't rushing to soccer, we stopped for donuts on the way home from the basketball game. Ah donuts. Hubby then suggested going to a movie ... ah popcorn and candy. I know I don't HAVE to indulge, but ... I did. We saw "Gravity" Hubby liked it but I didn't really get into it. Got in a little bit of elliptical, worked on blog and videos and did some cleaning and sorting of clothes.

1006 (Sunday) Ok Day. Weight 155.4. Fitbit Steps 16211. Total Burn 2653. Calories in 1900.  Calories out 925. Exercise: 100minElliptical. Conference Sunday, so not going to the church building. It's tradition to go up to Maga's. Hubby and the boys went, I elected to stay in the peace and quiet of home, and was able to get in exercise and some computer work (blog, videos, journal updates). Stuck in a roast for dinner. Homemade oreos per usual. 

1007 (Monday) Good Day. Weight 155.2. Fitbit Steps 24253. Total Burn 3227. Calories in 2200. Calories out 1501. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 1mileTreadmill, 60minWeights.  It's always good to get back to the routine after the weekend. Got in weights and cardio. A little grocery shopping and I had some bananas going bad, so I made banana bread and banana muffins. As we didn't do our usual Sunday Circles yesterday, we did it today, breakfast for dinner. The boys had basketball practice in the evening until 10:00.

1008 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 155.1. Fitbit Steps 22257. Total Burn 3053.  Calories in 2200. Calories out 1327. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 38min/10miles Bike. After over three years, #2 was getting his braces off today. He was so excited. Took a big chunk out of my day though. Stuck a turkey breast to roast for dinner. The boys were scheduled to have basketball, but it was cancelled, much to their chagrin. But Daddy had a derby and then #3 was available to go help him.   I ate way too much banana bread today.

1009 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 155.2. Fitbit Steps 23885. Total Burn 3076.  Calories in 1900. Calories out 1350. Exercise: 100minElliptical, Ripped in 30 Level 1, 1mile Treadmill + lawn mow (front only). There has been a lot of coughing and sore throats going around ... no fever, it doesn't look like strep. I haven't taken anyone in yet (our insurance sucks, so a doctor visit costs $100+). #5 finally seems to be improving, but #4 wasn't feeling well at all and stayed home from school today. #1 was out too, as it was parent/teacher conferences, which I was planning on attending but couldn't go with a sick kid at home. Got in cardio and Ripped ... was NOT feeling it today though, had to push through. Nice day out, so I mowed the lawn, just beat the rain that hit in the evening. Ran #2 to basketball practice and then took #3 to his basketball game. He did great and they won.

1010 (Thursday) Ok Day. Weight 154.4. Fitbit Steps 20119. Total Burn 2885. Calories in 2800. Calories out 1161. Exercise: 100minElliptical. Feeling bleh today. Not sick, although #4 still stayed home from school sick. It was supposed to be his field trip, one that I was going to go help. I do wonder if they went, as it was an outdoor tour and it was pouring ALL DAY LONG. I don't think the rain ever stopped. Just dark and cold and dreary. I felt a little post-ms. TOM finished up but I just felt on edge emotionally, no energy and craving sugar and carbs. I managed to get my elliptical in, but should have done some bike and/or treadmill. #2 had a basketball game in the evening, and #3 had practice. I changed out of the workout wear to attempt to look nice (and did get some compliments) but because I wasn't dressed for it, I didn't get in an evening workout, even though I had a little bit of time before final carpooling of the kids.

1011 (Friday) Good Day. Weight 154.8 Fitbit Steps 24419. Total Burn 3139. Calories in 2400. Calories out 1415. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 45min/12miles Bike, 1mileTreadmill, Ripped in 30 Level 1. #4 still stayed home sick today. After school we had a playdate with two of #5's buddies. #2 went to the high school football game and needed a late night pickup. I made chocolate chip cookies ...
1012 (Saturday) Ok Day. Weight 155.3. Fitbit Steps 16913. Total Burn 2576. Calories in 2200. Calories out 850. Exercise: 60minElliptical + walk from soccer field. #4 had a 9:00 game ... I slept in so I didn't get in a workout before. They won easily. Then #5 had his last soccer game at 11:00, he went and played in his cast. The doctor had said that would be ok, and we wanted to be there to get some closure for the season, and to get pictures and the trophy. The kid did great with 4 goals! The next game (#3, basketball) wasn't until 4:00. They were ahead up until the end when the other team came back to win it. Hubby was gone with some work buddies, so I really SHOULD have gotten more exercise in, I did have the time ... just not the motivation.

1013 (Sunday) Bad Day. Weight 155.7. Fitbit Steps 3076. Total Burn 1781. Calories in 3000. Calories out 52. No Exercise. Days like today do help put my regular days into perspective. If I don't DO anything, then I don't have my big burn. I am earning that each day. I totally slept in this morning. Made the usual Sunday Circles for the family. Instead of our church, we went to hear my SIL speak. She is leaving on an LDS mission. There was an open house afterward. I had made brownies and lemon jello cake. There was a ton of tempting treats ... and I did partake. I was so sleepy on the way home in the car. Hubby encouraged me to lay down and take a nap and I did! 2 hours out cold! Yet I was still ready for bed just a couple hours later. Maybe I needed the rest day.

1014 (Monday) Good Day. Weight 157.1. Fitbit Steps 28953. Total Burn 3429. Calories in 2600. Calories out 1696. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 45min/12mile Bike, 38min/3mile Treadmill (1 mile jog, 2 miles intervals). 60minWeights. Ooops, weight up after yesterday, not really a surprise there. Motivated me to get moving today, although I ate too much. I was actually going ok until Hubby asked if I was making homemade oreos. I hadn't made them yesterday as I usually do on Sundays. Finished up the peppermint ice cream which had been a temptation for the past several days (it WAS the slightly lower calorie Slow Churn).

1015 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 156.4. Fitbit Steps 25081. Total Burn 3169. Calories in 2100. Calories out 1436. Exercise: 100minElliptical. 1mileTreadmill, 50min/13.5mileBike.  Not sure why I didn't get in as much cardio as yesterday. I planned on hitting the treadmill again but didn't get around to it. I'd baked some chicken yesterday and today I turned it into soup. Both chicken and wild rice (the boys had requested it) and chicken/veggie for me. The boys didn't end up having open gym, so that saved me some running around in the evening, but I did have Pack Meeting with #4. Hubby had a derby and #2 went to help.

1016 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 155.6. Fitbit Steps 26505. Total Burn 3191. Calories in 1800. Calories out 1463. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 53min/4miles Treadmill, 30minRipped Level 1. Felt like a Friday today, as the elementary had early out, with Fall Break the next couple of days. I was able to get my exercise in, and I played around with a new eating app "Meal Snap" (photo food diary) which I DO think really helped me. I'll have to see if I can keep it up. Hubby had a derby, #2 went to help again.  I took #3 to his basketball game. It didn't start until 9:00, at least it was fairly close. I had a hard time getting to sleep ... I always do after a late game.

1017 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 153.5. Fitbit Steps 23668. Total Burn 3098. Calories in 1800. Calories out 1382. Exercise: 120minElliptical. 38min/10miles Bike. Happy with my weigh-in this morning, motivated me to be good today to try for a good "official" weigh-in tomorrow. Got back to a book on the bike, and caught up with "The Voice" and "Survivor" during my elliptical sessions. The boys were out today. I dropped #2 off at the school for some flag football with friends ... that kid is so social, he'll stay away for hours, but I never know when he's going to call for a pickup. Makes it a little hard to know if I can start something. He actually wanted to stay out until midnight, but I said no! Hubby wanted him home as they were going to get fitted for wet suits for the trip tomorrow. #3 got intimidated by the idea of wet suits and backed out of the trip (I'd already decided to stay home with the broken boy ... he wouldn't be able to do anything and we wouldn't want to get sand or dirt in the cast. #4 didn't want to go either ... my homebodies, they take after their mother). Took pictures of my food again today ... it really does help reign me in. Although I did make (and eat) banana bread.

1018 (Friday) Good Day. Weight 153.9. Fitbit Steps 23515. Total Burn 2976. Calories in 2400. Calories out 1253. Exercise: 120minElliptical, 1mileTreadmill, Ripped Level 2. Hubby and the older boys left for a mini-vacation. Pretty quiet day at home, even with the boys out of school. Had basketball practice in the evening, or thought we did, but the school wasn't open. #4 and I did a quick stop at the store while we were out. Ate a little much ... banana bread and those darn tootsie rolls! Those are mindless eating for me!

1019 (Saturday) Ok Day. Weight 154.6. Fitbit Steps 19195. Total Burn 2793. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1070. Exercise: 100minElliptical. I think one of the reasons I don't get as much in on Sat/Sun is simply sleeping in. I'm usually up by 6:00 during the week and my first session on the elliptical by 7:00. No so on the weekends. Today, we were going to try and see if we had practice at the rec center ... if so, I'd get some jogging in there. I went prepared, but the coach wasn't there and they said we'd have to pay $4 to get #4 in. So we went back home. I did manage to get my elliptical in throughout the day, but had to push, especially at the end as I was really dragging. I'd mentioned to my mom that we were free, so we made lunch plans. We went to Red Robin, I'd been craving the fish and chips there for a while. I'm always so sleepy after a big meal, I think I was sleepy the rest of the day!  I made cookie press cookies for the boys that evening - pumpkin shaped for the season.

1020 (Sunday) Ok Day. Weight 154.9. Fitbit Steps 18757. Total Burn 2782. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1058. Exercise: 100minElliptical + PingPong. Last day for sleeping in. Made the usual Sunday Circles even though the whole family wasn't around. Got in my cardio for the day + a little housecleaning. Hubs and the boys didn't make it home until around 10:00. I was going to get in one more elliptical session, but ended up playing ping pong with #3 for 20min instead.  Didn't make homemade oreos without the big boys here to enjoy, although they probably wouldn't have minded having them waiting when they returned.

1021 (Monday) Good Day. Weight 156.7. Fitbit Steps 21700. Total Burn 3099. Calories in 2150. Calories out 1365. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 37min/10Miles Bike, 60min Weights. Back into the routine. Kept track of food today with a new app "Meal Snap" ... taking pictures. Still tracked on MFP of course. Did pretty good until a heavy dinner and homemade oreos for dessert!

1022 (Tuesday) Good Day. Weight 156.9. Fitbit Steps 30108. Total Burn 3314. Calories in 2850. Calories out 1578. Exercise: 120minElliptical, 50min/3miles Treadmill. Stopped at the store after dropping the boys at school. Got some cinnamon rolls rising ... that totally blew my calorie count later in the day! The boys had basketball but with carpools, I only ended up having to do the 10:00 pickup.

1023 (Wednesday) Good Day. Weight 156.1. Fitbit Steps 27753. Total Burn 3323. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1592. Exercise: 100minElliptical, 1mileTreadmill, 45min/12mile Bike, Ripped in 30 Level 2. It was one of those frustrating wifi days! Went out in the final third of my Ripped workout. So frustrating! Had to revert to DVD for my elliptical as well.  I had some dough left over from yesterday, so I made more cinnamon rolls (ate more cinnamon rolls) and did scones for dinner. No basketball today, which was a nice break. The days have been beautiful too. I have to admit I spent a little time out in the sun.

1024 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 155.0. Fitbit Steps 28045. Total Burn 3185. Calories in 2200. Calories out 1465. Exercise: 120minElliptical, 38min/10mile Treadmill, 1.5mile "walk" ... just up and down the hallway during #4's basketball practice. I'd taken my shoes/HRM/music and considered jogging out around the school, but it was too chilly.  Did a bit better on eating,  too many treats today though. #3 had basketball practice 9-10 ... those late night practices are hard, but hubby had actually gone to bed around 6:30.

1025 (Friday) OK Day. Weight 154.2. Fitbit Steps 18912. Total Burn 2735. Calories in 2500. Calories out 1016. Exercise: 100minElliptical, Ripped in 30 Level 2.  Late start for the middle school, so I slept in a bit. Early out for the elementary, then #2 wanted me to run him to a friend's house. It was about 45min round trip. Hubs came home from work a little early and we went to Tepanyaki for dinner. Not too bad calorie wise.


1026 (Saturday) Bad Day. Weight 153.9 Fitbit Steps 17973. Total Burn 2616. Calories in 3000. Calories out 890. Exercise: 60minElliptical. #4 had a basketball game first thing, and I didn't get up early enough for a workout before. My day always feels a bit off without my morning workout. Had a basketball game for #3 in the afternoon, but I did get in a few sessions on the elliptical during the day. Took the munckins to the church for a neighborhood trunk or treat in the evening. Walked to/from the church.

1027 (Sunday) Bad Day. Weight 155.2. Fitbit Steps 19644. Total Burn 2615. Calories in 2900. Calories out 889. Exercise: 100minElliptical. Got up and did my first workout of the day. Made breakfast for the family, then church. It was a nice day, so the little boys and I walked home ... my boots are NOT made for walking! Did get several sessions on the elliptical in. Good for a Sunday. Also managed to get in a Sunday nap ... it was wonderful. #1 made some gingersnap dough, taking most of it to his friend's where he was watching "The Walking Dead" (can't watch it here with the little ones around). I baked up the rest. Yes ... I ate quite a few. Took some next door to meet our new neighbors who had just moved in.

1028 (Monday) Bad Day. Weight 155.9. Fitbit Steps 20681. Calories in 2700. Calories out 1035. Exercise: 60minElliptical, 20min/1.5mile Treadmill, Ripped in 30 Level 2. I knew the evening would be taken up with a family party, so instead of doing my hour long full body weight workout, I did Ripped in 30 Level 2. But still didn't get in all my elliptical. Did a little treadmill but wasn't feeling it either. Dragging, didn't sleep well last night. Ran to the store for groceries, and the usual kid carpools. We did spend several hours up at the inlaws ... and it was just a crappy eating day all around.

1029 (Tuesday) Great Day. Weight 157.1. Fitbit Steps 26191. Total Burn 3454. Calories in 1300. Calories out 1717. Exercise: 120minElliptical, 13mile/48minBike, 60minWeights. Weight was up this morning, not surprising. It motivated me to make today a great day, and I did. I kept calories in low and did uber exercise (and felt fine, even on low food). I hadn't planned on the weight workout, but I had some time so I did.

1030 (Wednesday) Pretty Good Day. 154.1. Fitbit Steps 20862. Total Burn 2892. Calories in 1600. Calories out 1173. Exercise: 100minElliptical. Happy to see the scale cooperated after my hard work yesterday. Didn't quite get to goal today. I just wasn't feeling very motivated during the day. Dragging a bit, which actually isn't unusual after a weights day, or a low calorie day, and yesterday was both. #3 had a basketball game in the evening. Two seconds left, down by one point and my kid was at the free throw line. The crowd went crazy and my kid caved to the pressure, missed the shot and then proceeded to have a complete panic attack. I guess he's just not used to that kind of pressure. Took about 15 minutes to recover (tears, shaking, sweating, almost collapsed). It would have been awesome had he made the shot, but it IS just a game. It doesn't matter!

1031 (Thursday) Good Day. Weight 152.9. Fitbit Steps 23211.  Total Burn 3020. Calories in 2000. Calories out 1308. Exercise: 100minElliptical. Busy day today! Off to the school for the parade and party, then early out for the elementary. Then #5 to the doctor to get his cast off. I ran #3 to a friend's house, and had hubby go out with the little ones. I had #1 man the door while I went down to the gym, as I'd had a hard time getting in exercise today. I did keep calories in check though ... the new low this morning at weigh in was motivating to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...