Monday, October 14, 2013

Motivational Monday

I NEED to get motivated this Monday. My poor MFP ticker. Now I'm sure most people aren't updating their weight at MFP every single day. But my Aria scale connects wirelessly, so my daily weigh-in results in daily changes. I rejoiced when I was finally able to shift the scale (Weigh-In #12) and my MFP ticker.  My MFP ticker is back to 23 pounds lost ... that's where I was stuck for all of September.

It was a bad weekend. Friday was actually a great day, but Saturday was very busy. I went to three of the kids games (one soccer, two basketball) and even though I did end up having some time in the evening, I didn't get much exercise in. Yesterday ... nada. I can't remember the last time I actually took a complete "rest" day. I almost always get in at least a 20 min session on the elliptical, just to get my Fitbit activity graph into perspective.  Yesterday was filled with family and food ... and a nap! I was so sleepy. I laid down and was out cold for two hours! My total burn from Fitbit usually tops 3000 ... yesterday, I didn't even hit 1800. The 3000 DID show up, in my calorie intake. Oops!

So hopefully this bump up can be quickly corrected ... but do you ever get discouraged looking forward? It's just a three day "normal" week coming up. The kids are out Thurs/Fri for Fall Break and we're probably going on a little family vacation. Vacations are not good for the eating/exercise. I don't know that I'd even be able to weigh in (I don't think I'd take my scale with me) which would be a first in months. 

I'm not quite out of the "overweight" category, but I have been feeling better about myself with the amount I've lost thus far. I actually wanted to get a new family picture yesterday, because I felt pretty (it was a little too crazy though, we didn't get a picture in). I can't let myself stop though ... must keep going! I had my rest day yesterday, so it's time to get back at it.  Even if I have a challenging week ahead. Gotta keep plugging away!

Does knowing you have challenges coming up make you more motivated to do good while you can? Or does it discourage you and make you want to give up?

Linking up with Motivational Monday  ... check it out to find other bloggers and their motivation. Share yours!
Veronica @ V Watts' Thoughts
Morgan @ Fat to Fit Confessions
Tiff @ The Fit Train
Katie @ The Carb Monster
Alisha @ Coily Locks

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Unfortunately the stupid BMI chart has me as obese! Ugh! At 175 I wouldn't consider myself obese but overweight and it doesn't help that I'm short but thankfully I look smaller...LOL. My challenges keep me motivated and help me stay on track...at least most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Unfortunately the stupid BMI chart has me as obese! Ugh! At 175 I wouldn't consider myself obese but overweight and it doesn't help that I'm short but thankfully I look smaller...LOL. My challenges keep me motivated and help me stay on track...at least most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added goals today and am hoping it will help. Im glad you felt pretty and wanted a new pic even though you didnt do one yet. Good luck breaking 23 a d if you vacay i hope it is good

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what got me motivated. Volunteering for a (Spartan) Race. Cheering them on got them motivated and me motivated to give it a crack.
    Just take it one day at a time.
    Just remember it took time to put it on, it's going to take time to take it off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...