Monday, October 7, 2013

Try (Motivational Monday)

I'm so glad I had some noticeable results right off the bat when I first started counting calories and actively setting goals to lose some weight. It was motivation to keep going. Then for a bit there last month, the scale seemed to stall. Yes, there were some Chocolate Mint Brownies that could perhaps take some of the blame. I had some eating days that were not great, I had some exercise days that were not great ... but I was trying every day. The progress has been slow, but I think I am still heading in the right direction. I am conscious of the choices I'm making and I am NOT giving up. Every. Single. Day.

I did have a slight shift in the scale this past week (Weigh-In #12) and that does help reinvigorate me. Ok ... I'll admit over the weekend Saturday was BaD, with a capital B and a capital D. We stopped for donuts after the boy's basketball game. I have no self-control. If donuts are in the house, I will eat donuts. And these donuts are big donuts (Dunford Bakers). They even have the "nutritional" information online ... so I know just how many, many calories I just consumed. Then hubby suggested going to a movie. I know we don't HAVE to get popcorn, but I seriously feel like something is missing if we don't. At least we didn't get a refill! So Saturday ... Saturday wasn't great. But I wasn't really considering it a mistake or a slip. I wasn't consciously calling it a cheat day. I did just decide to celebrate Saturday. We hadn't done donuts or gone to a movie in quite a while.

I managed to keep Friday on track, and Sunday actually wasn't bad, so I didn't blow the whole weekend. I'm always ready to get back to the routine Monday morning. I know some people loathe Mondays. I am not one of them. Mondays-Thursdays are SO much easier than the weekend.

It is a busy week coming up ... basketball almost every day. An orthodontist appointment (#2 is SO excited to get his braces off), I'm helping out with a field trip, PT Conferences. Hubby has two derbies. It's TOM too. It might be hard to get to goal many days, but I'll do my best.

Exercise Goals for October ...
I started Ripped in 30 last week. I got (not quite) two days in. I'm actually not planning on doing it 5 days a week like I did 30DS. I have MY weight workout that I like, so I'm going to stick with in on Mondays. Then I'll do Ripped Wed/Fri (that's that plan anyway). I want to get in my 100minElliptical at least five days a week. I want to get in my mile jog at least three days a week, with a longer treadmill time at least once. I haven't been good at getting back on the bike ... I'd like to get in at least two bike sessions per week (I NEED to catch up on my reading!).

Eating Goals for October ...
Ah eating. Exercise is easy, it's the eating.  My "goal" is to stay under 2000, and I so rarely do that. I think I'll make a "Streaks Calendar" to track the days I'm successful, and see if that motivates me to keep calories under control.  Also a goal to eat at least one fruit or veggie a day ... I know some of you gasp to think THAT is a goal, but it is so hard for me to do!  I'm so picky (Eating Issues) that my options are quite limited, but I know I need to do better.

Have you set goals for October?
Do you like or loathe Mondays?

Linking up with Motivational Monday  ... check it out to find other bloggers and their motivation. Share yours!

Wendy @ Daily Dose of Del Signore
Veronica @ V Watts' Thoughts
Morgan @ Fat to Fit Confessions
Tiff @ The Fit Train
Katie @ The Carb Monster
Alisha @ Coily Locks


I enjoy Link Ups and I've started my own. Spotlight Saturday. If you have a post where you recommend an article, book, DVD, video, or another blog post ... come link up (older posts are fine, give them a second chance in the spotlight).  The link up is still open and I'll post each Saturday. It keeps me motivated to get through my magazines and to browse other blogs to find something to share. 


7 comments:

  1. Ha - I laughed at this 'Exercise is easy, it's the eating' because for me it's the other way around. Exercise is sooo hard for me, the eating I'm doing ok with, but like you overall I'm noticing the small changes that I'm making are sticking and I believe they will be the reason that we will succeed in the end....slow and steady progress = permanent changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I was just over at your blog reading YOUR goals and thinking ... "Her goals are more eating oriented, and she's having great success." I couldn't (wouldn't) do most of your goals. It is funny what is easy for one person can be so hard for another. It's a personal journey, and there are many roads there. *Ü*

      Delete
  2. I agree, Jen, that a person who tries hard (with action not fantasy) will usually do better than all the people who don't try at all. This is especially true for people our age--those of us who try in fitness are automatically in the most fit group just for trying hard! It is not a highly selective group and no special genetics are required either. Just exercise regularly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like JM workouts, I just don't like her voice. Makes me want to punch her in the face.
    I don't have any goals set for this month. I
    I have set up a new training plan, so I'm excited with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you are alone in not liking Jillian's voice, I've heard a number of others say that as well. I'm fine with her for the most part, but there's a section in the first week of Ripped in 30 where she just goes silly (it's the 80s, grab your legwarmers) that makes me roll my eyes. If I was the producer I would have been saying "cut, I think we need to re-record this one" ... It is hard when you are watching the same workout over and over!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. Doughnuts are my number one trigger food. Especially raspberry Krispy Kremes. Yummmmmmm. When I was pregnant with my son, I ate so many I'm surprised that when I gave birth the doctor didn't say, "Congratulations, you've got a jelly doughnut!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there were only jelly donuts, I wouldn't be tempted at all. I can't mix "fruit" (I know jelly isn't technically fruit, but anything fruit flavored) with anything. I've never even had plain ol' raspberries. My picky eating does come in handy at times. We used to have a Krispy Kreme around here, but it closed. That was sure a fun place to visit (yummy too!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...