Friday, October 11, 2013

Weigh-In #13

Well ... the scale doesn't reflect a loss (up .3) and my MFP ticker is at 25 pounds lost (it was 26 last Friday), BUT if you average all my daily weigh-ins for the week, my average is 154.87 ... last week my average was 156.11 and that had been the lowest average to date. I know I was pretty happy during the week to see that while the weight was fluctuating, it didn't really have any big bump ups.

This past week was just ok. TOM was here, but I'm not nearly as affected by that as I know some are (although I still hate it). I had a very bad eating day last Saturday, and I wasn't very motivated yesterday. I had a sick child home and it rained ALL DAY. I ate too much and didn't get to goal, although I was close. You can catch up on my Day to Day Doings if you want a complete run down of the week.

Other than Saturday (donuts/movie popcorn), I didn't really have any out-of-the-ordinary food challenges this week (no chocolate mint brownies, candy corn or moose tracks ice cream around to tempt me). . I made a roast and baked a turkey breast to have some easy protein on hand. I've been wanting to make some fun Halloween treats (Tricky Treats) but I don't want yummy stuff around to temp me.

Crunching the numbers, I only had a 1283 deficit this week. Too many calories. I've stayed active, but haven't really pushed it. No big deficit days.  My weekly weigh-in post fits the theme of Coffeecake and Cardio's How'd I Do Friday link up. I'll keep plugging away ... while my ultimate goal is 135, my intermediate goal, 150 is SO close. How did you do this past week?



Friday has a number of "Fitness" linkups too.
I think it's the alliteration. 


If you haven't participated in a link up, they are a great way to interact with the blogging community (I Like Linkups).  Be sure to come back tomorrow for an all new Saturday Spotlight Linkup too! Share what you've been reading ... any articles, blog posts, magazines, books that impacted you this week.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are coming down. I see your goal weight is 135 but what is your dress size goal? You may reach your dress size goal before your weight goal and you might be satisfied at that weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure on the size ... I'm currently in a 10, I'd like to be an 8 or a 6. Once I move under 150, I'll no longer be officially "overweight" and THAT is my mail goal. I did achieve 135 several years ago. But I remember feeling good at 140, 145. 150 was the tipping point, so I'm sad I let myself get 30 over that! I'd be ok at a higher weight, even a size 10 if my body was tight and toned. My bodyfat (not an official reading, just my scale, which I'm not sure how accurate it is) is still quite high. I think I'll be "satisfied" pretty soon ... but still continue to try and improve in any way I can :)

      Delete
  2. Closer and closer to your goal! Mind if I ask...do you ever get frustrated with daily weigh ins? I get so frustrated with my scale and I only use it 1/week. Serious love-hate relationship LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been weighing daily for over 8 years now (and unfortunately that didn't stop me from putting on 45 pounds), but I've seen SO much fluctuation that I don't read too much into any one reading. But seeing how much it can change day to day (I think I've had a 4 pound change once!) just is proof to me how much I need the daily accounting. What if my one weigh in was the high or the low of the week? I wouldn't feel I was getting the full story. I do have my "official" day, and I watch the weekly trends. I also take the average of the week. Perhaps I'm a little obsessive ... :)

      Delete
  3. Good job! You'll be at your goal in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling like it's taking forever! The first 15 came off quick and easy, but the second 15 is taking it's time! And then there's the final 15 ... I just really want to get to that second goal. I feel like I've been so close for so long!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...