Thursday, October 3, 2013

NSV ... Too Big


When I first saw the acronym NSV I had no idea what it meant. A quick Google search got me the answer and I've seen it around a ton since then (for a quick cheat sheet of fitness acronyms see my Say What? post). Now I have to admit ... I am VERY centered on the scale.  I'd seen a Non-Scale Victory Link Up posted on one of the blogs I follow (KJ Weighing In) and I really wanted to participate, but week after week, I just didn't feel I really had anything to share.

Well, I'm happy to announce my first official NSV. 

Last winter wasn't great. As the warmer weather rolled around I pulled out my shorts and capris ... and nothing fit. I was so frustrated. How had I let it get to this point? It was the wakeup call I needed I think, and I was determined to get back down. I had too many cute clothes in smaller sizes. Until then however, I needed something to wear. I stopped at the local thrift store and was able to find quite a few cute capris for cheap. Today... pretty much everything is too big. Baggy. Even falling down! I've pulled out the things that didn't fit in the Spring, and they fit now. I also had to adjust the strap on my HRM ... it was too loose.

So ... I've been able to officially participate in the NSV link up.
I do still have some smaller clothes I've saved.
I'd love the ones that fit now to be baggy!

What do you do with clothes that you have outgrown? 
Keep them or get them out of the house?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! That's awesome. Shirts getting too big is not as big a deal as pants being baggy. It seems that the pants size that really reflects a weight loss and how good a person's figure looks. Very Wonderful! I'm so happy for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to change a LOT before shirts seem to get too big. It was all pants (capris) in my picture. I have had a few shirts seem a little too baggy. It's nice to get to the point where you actually WANT things to be fitted, because you are ok with what is underneath :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I'm with you. I have several pants that just don't for any more (in the good, baggy way). It's awesome! I've been pulling out from the closet all the things I used to not fit in because they were too small. They fit now! Yay! I'm going to keep my baggy clothes for a just in case. We want to have kids, so I suspect I could easily go back up after birth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to hang onto things - often your tastes change too, so even if I hang onto something and it does end up fitting (going up or down) I don't necessarily end up wearing it again anyway.

      We are DONE having kids. No surprises please ... but I think I still have a box of maternity clothes around somewhere. Like I said, I have a hard time getting rid of things. I don't need to be featured on an episode of Hoarders ... I'm not that bad! :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to NSV! I cant wait to try on clothes and have them be too big congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is an awesome achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jen! I've gone down a size and the old clothes are going goodbye to Goodwill. It feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clothes too big is the best NSV ever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...