Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Spotlight #12

I found a lot of links to share this week!
  • 7 Workout Habits You Should Drop Now: Oh dear, I do four of these with regularity. I love my elliptical though ...
  • Getting Ready for Group Exercise:I just tried my 1st group class this month (I Hope You Dance). I thought this article had some good information. 
  • More Than a Number: I don't watch live TV anymore (I wait until things hit DVD or Netflix) so I don't see commercials and that is usually a good thing. Talkless Saymore spotlighted some recent SpecialK commercials. Have you seen them? What do you think?
  • How Inactivity Affects The Brain: Interesting article ...
  • Food Diary Facts: Keeping a food diary (I use MFP) has made a huge difference for me. Check out this article for the hows and whys it's a good idea. Do you keep a food diary?
  • Positive Customer Service Challenge:  Not fitness related, but I thought this was a good article, and a good challenge. So often we'll go out of our way to report a negative experience, but do we put as much effort into praising the positive?
I'm always open to new blogs to check out, so I bookmarked a couple recent list recommendations from MFP  and Greatist.  I  have yet to check all of these out, but I plan to *Ü*

 US and Exercise
Utah rates pretty well ... I'm adding to those numbers!



For a little laugh ...


http://www.theflatteringman.com/
After this image is an "Old Spice" commercial.
Stick around for it! They are so creative.


The Healthy Helper Blog has a regular feature ... 
My Do A Little Good post made her list.

If you like posts like this (spotlighting interesting articles and blog posts), there are several out there! I've mentioned a few (Saturday Spotlight) but came across a couple more this week. 


Finally ... I thought I'd share my song of the week.  As I've been hitting the treadmill for my 5mph run (ok, jog), this song not only has a perfect rhythm, but it makes me smile and feel a little sassy. I remember when I first heard it. I was on the elliptical, working out while watching "Private Practice" and this song came on in the background while a couple of the guys had a one-on-one game of basketball. I really liked the song, so I grabbed my iphone, Shazzamed it and then went and bought it as soon as my workout was over. I hope you like it too!
Linking up with I Wore Yoga Pants to Work
check out the link-up for more song shares and share a song  you love!
Move a Little Faster 
Dionne Bromfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...