Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In (#26)

My first "official" progress post for January (last Friday, while technically being January, was still part of the non-routine, holiday schedule.) I like that my screen capture of my daily weigh-ins DOES start on January 1 though. After my crazy December (being sick, the holidays) and the drastic weight changes (my ten pound loss and then regain, my three pound up and down last week) this week was nice and steady. While I AM still wanting to lose weight, in a way, it was nice to see some consistency too. 

I was SO excited and ready to return to the routine this week. The weekend ... it had it's challenges, with a fountain of flowing chocolate (A Fountain of Chocolate and the Aftermath), but my Monday morning weigh-in was just under what I'd been on Friday. Mon-Thurs this week I've been excellent in my exercise and ok in my eating. Average intake for the week was 2257 ... too high, too many treats (even with the chocolate fountain put away). Average expenditure was 2884 ... not quite up to my 3000 goal, but this IS my first week back at it after my flu(s).  

 My MFP ticker is on 30 pounds lost. My weigh-in today came in at 150.1, down 1.5 from last Friday (down 1.6 from yesterday). As the scale seemed to be staying so steady, I wasn't sure I was going to see a loss this week. I'm glad it did decide to drop a little today.  I had deficits Mon-Thurs, but for the week (calculating the weekend in) it only added up to 1943, so my loss is a little more than the numbers would have indicated. I'll take it, and try to keep it! Just need to drop a little more to get below 150 and stay there!


There's a new link-up for the new year. Follow Through Friday. As I'm already posting weekly recaps and Friday is my weigh-in day, it's a perfect fit for me. I really like looking back and reflecting on a weekly basis.


I'm a little late, but I thought I'd go ahead and link-up with Weigh-In Wednesday, and of course with my usual Friday linkup Fitness Friday. I really enjoy checking out these blog hops, and finding new blogs to follow. We are definitely not alone on this journey to better health, fitness and weight-loss.  I've been trying to get my reading in, and will be posting my Saturday Spotlight so check back tomorrow for that!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! You are doing amazing and your weight loss this week is on point! Especially in light of a chocolate fountain!

    Glad you found our link up! You are motivation for me for sure!!

    Camo & Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I loved the holidays with friends and family but I was ready to get back to our normal routine too!

    Off to check out the new link up you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue the great job!

    New follower from Fitness Friday Hop! Follow me here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Push-Pull-Grind/111572622362424?ref=hl
    the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 children??? God bless you, momma! And you're doing awesome. Can't wait to read this week's link up. ;)

    Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...