Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In (#28)

I could have slept in today ... the kids are out of school (teacher work day for the end of the quarter) but #2 had 6:30am basketball practice. Oh well, let's get started on the day! I was actually somewhat excited to step on the scale and see what it said this morning. Just two days ago on Wednesday (and Mon/Tues) I'd been higher and wasn't sure I'd register a loss this week. But I did!

This happened last week too. A higher weight on Wednesday morning made me kick my butt into gear, and have really good days Wed/Thurs, enough to make a change by Friday weigh-in. 

I'd actually had a good weekend, maintaining my 149 number for a few days, despite the weekend. I actually kept calories in check (under 2000) Friday and Saturday!

Sunday, the family expects a homemade treat.  I made cookie-press cookies (pictured here).  It's SO easy to eat a lot of them without realizing it. They aren't too sweet, yet they keep you coming back for more. Most were gone by Monday, but I'd stuck a few in the freezer. I actually prefer them frozen to fresh. I kept nibbling the next couple days until they were gone. While I tracked calories, and thought I kept intake under burn (no deficit though), had high exercise (even with the Monday/MLK holiday) that is when the weight went up. The cookie effect ... least with our usual Sunday treat of homemade oreos, I limit myself to one or two as they are quite rich. The initial caloric intake is higher, but there are never leftovers to tempt me afterward.


I kept the sugar under control the past two days (not saying I didn't have any, but a lot less than the usual) and even had THREE servings of fruit yesterday. I struggle to get my fruit/veggie quota in so that's rare for me. I upped my exercise and was happy to see some reflection in the scale.

In fact ... I saw a new number on my MFP ticker!

Number crunch time ... 149.1, down .8 since last week, but my average actually dropped over a pound (from 151.93 to 150.76).  My weekly deficit was 4439 (so I exceeded my 3500 goal). My average intake was 1993 (under 2000, yea!) and while I had several 3000+ days, I didn't quite get my burn average up. It was 2838. You can see more detail in my Day to Day Doings if desired. I felt it was a good week. Even though my dryer broke. Doing laundry is no fun, but not being ABLE to do laundry is even worse!

Check in with the Follow Through Friday gals and recap your week!
Aubrey Leigh//Candra//Jodi//Mel//Val//Cait//Jacquelyn//Jennifer



Also linking up with Fitness Friday at Fitness, Health and Happiness.

I've been gathering a lot of links for my Saturday Spotlight.
Hope to see you again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a good weigh-in! What is your goal range? Seems like you must be pretty close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Goal" would be 135, but I'm really ok with anything under 150, as long as I STAY under 150 and don't bump over it like I did this week. So I still need to lose a few more pounds to give me a little lee-way for the daily fluctuations and bad days that happen :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are back on track. My goal is 135 too, but I am happy with the 140-142 I have been weighing lately. I would like to lose the last few pounds over time. My main goal right now is to just stay in the range I'm in. I don't know how you can eat a few cookies. I would just keep going until they were gone. That's why I just try to stay away from sweets entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! I've been sitting at 152 for a week now, but I just started weight lifting more than I used to...so I wouldn't be surprised if I gained a little right now. But as long as it's muscle, I'm okay with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Jen! WTG exceeding your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...